Engine Performance problem
2007 Honda Accord 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 65000 miles
I'm owned Honda Accord 2.0 IVTEC Auto.
The car has issue on idling issue
1. When the car start on no issue, right after when aircond is turns on and the automatic fan cuts in the idle drops to 500rpm and the steering starts to vibrate or worse you can feel the seat next to you is vibrating
They, Honda have tried to fix -
1. Replace the all the mounting - original ones
2. Perform G-CON setting - they claim that this need after the mounting replacement
3. Throttle Serviced - many times and finally the Throttle Switch & Idle Valve - IAVC was replaced
4. Reduce the aircond gas ratio.
5. The last action, they did was update the ECU with newer revision.
All the above is not solving the problem.
However, the problem seems to getting worse now.
The idle now is not stable and it goes to 500rpm and very often its vibrates.
I felt ashamed for Honda. I bought this car brand new, and my mileage is only 65K however the problem seems to seen after the 5K and its on going.
Now, its going to be 3 years and Honda unable to fix it.
My biggest mistake was to choose Honda, I should have gone to Toyota.
I did comparison with my friend whom bought Toyota Camry 2.0 same time I did, till now he is only going for servicing car; base on his mileage and no complains on the cars.
Even I did test drive couple of times and loan his car for few days, no idling issue and the engine is very smooth not like honda accord where the engine is very noise.
I believe, the car produce by Honda is getting out of quality and they are only focusing selling base on volume. We spend our money onto drain nowdays for new cars like Honda. Total regret.
Just to share, I was using Volvo 940 for couple of years before switch to Honda. I had few times of idle issue and it was fix after replacing the Idle Valve. That's it thereafter it has no issue. This for 15 years of old car no issue ; compare with 3 years of Honda.
Pls kindly assist me how to solve my idle issue and I'm stupid enough to spend over 100K to buy a car with problem and getting hassle to fix it more.
If you can assist me that save me alot for every angle that I'm going thru now. Honda will do trial and errors and they dont have good experts nowdays or even before I guess.
Pls assist. Thanks
have the same problem?
Wednesday, October 13th, 2010 AT 3:44 AM