Cigarette Lighter

CCH456
  • 1997 HONDA ACCORD
My cigarette lighter does not work. I've checked fuses under hood. They're OK. Any suggestions? Do not know how to get to under dash fuses.
Thursday, June 26th, 2008 AT 2:39 PM

KHLOW2008
Hi cch456,

Here is a guide and diagrams to help you fix the problem with the fuse #36 15 amp locations below.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-a-car-fuse

Check out the diagrams (Below). Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

Cheers
Thursday, June 26th, 2008 AT 3:09 PM
PETER SPEXARTH
  • 1996 HONDA ACCORD
Hi,
My radio and phone charger worked fine as long as I have had it. Recently I plugged a new type of charger adapter into the cigarette lighter and then the radio and charger both stopped working. I checked the fuse beneath the dash, and it still works fine. The clock still works fine too. How can I fix it, or how much will it cost to fix?
Thanks!
Saturday, November 16th, 2019 AT 1:35 PM (Merged)
KEN
Hey Peter,

It sounds like you have a radio/cigarette relay that has gone out, here is a diagram to show you, and where to find it. Check out the diagrams (Below). Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.
+2
UKROCKS2011
  • 1997 HONDA ACCORD
1997 Honda Accord 57,000 miles

I drive a 97 Honda Accord 4 door with roughly 57,000 miles on it.

Heres my problem. I was driving down the road one day and I used my cigarette lighter to light a cigar. About 20 minuites later, my radio stops working and the cigarette lighter went out as well. I pop the hood and I find a missing fuse. I put in a new fuse for that spot. I go back and turn on the radio, and it still doesn't work. The weird thing is my clock still works. Is it a short, I am assuming its an electrical short? How much should I pay to fix it?
MHPAUTOS
Hi there,

you say you found a missing fuse, this wont be the problem, there will be a blown fuse, have a look, if you cant locate it, re post and I will post a pic of the fuse locations.

UKROCKS2011
I meant blown fuse. I checked the fuse and they all tested fine. I assume theres a short there because I beleive my circuit got shorted when the fuse blew the first time around?
-1
KHLOW2008
Hi there,

The clock uses a separate fuse.

The radio fuse should be underdash and in your case, you better pull the cigar lighter out before putting the new fuse as I suspect it is at fault.
JOEHICKEY
Hi there - i'm having the same problem - I checked all the fuses under the dash and replaced a blown fuse but still no radio or cigarette lighter. Could you give me the row number and position of the relevant fuse? Thanks
CARABALLO_604
  • 1995 HONDA ACCORD
Electrical problem 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 80,000 miles

The cigarette lighter stopped working can you help me fix it?
KEN

There is a fuse and a relay that runs the cigarette lighter which both should be checked starting with the fuse.

and

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-an-electrical-relay-and-wiring-control-circuit

Here is the relay location and fuse panel identification (below)

Please let us know what happens.

Cheers, Ken