Fuel pump fuse location

CLYDEMONSTER
  • 1991 HONDA ACCORD
Can't find the fuse for the fuel pump. Know where it is?
Saturday, April 25th, 2009 AT 5:10 PM

There's no fuse for it the PGM FI main relay powers it when the key is turned on here is a guide to help you test the relay and diagrams below to show you the location.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-an-electrical-relay-and-wiring-control-circuit

Check out the diagrams (Below). Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

+3
Saturday, April 25th, 2009 AT 5:27 PM
LUGNUT1975
  • 1990 HONDA ACCORD
1990 Honda Accord 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

I trying to locate the fuse for the fuel pump. I have looked in the two fuse panels with no sucess. Do you know where I may look?
Friday, November 23rd, 2018 AT 6:50 PM (Merged)
BLUELIGHTNIN6
In fuse panel under dashboard behind left kick panel. Fuse #2 - 15Amp fuse controls PGM-FI Main Relay & Fuel Pump.

Thanks for using 2CarPros. Com!
+4
SHIZOMA
  • 1991 HONDA ACCORD
Quick question no start replaced a lot of parts when probing yellow wire to fuel pump assembly. Supposed to supply 12v to pump I have res to grd Is there supposed to be resistance to ground there.
Check/test the main relay
Friday, November 23rd, 2018 AT 6:51 PM (Merged)
SHIZOMA
Relay is good checked several times pump does not prime however provides pressure when cranking ecm comes on energizes relay after some time tinkering I decided to look for a grounded fuel pump. Internally grounded as I have had an issue like this with a different vehicle. Removed 3 pin connector at fuel pump. Probed the yellow wire which supplies twelve volts to the fuel pump this test was done with harness d/c at the fuel pump between yellow wire and ground I have approx 50-150 ohms.
SHIZOMA
Vehicle wont start I have tested injectors, relay, dist, cap rotor wires ecm pulses injector wires I have 12v hot to injector wires. Tested all fuses. Reset ecm. Blinking s light and no start
SHIZOMA
Vehicle does crank. Should have added that
Recheck it -Remove the main relay and then test the yellow wire to direct ground
CSAUTRY226
  • 1991 HONDA ACCORD
1991 Honda Accord 4 cyl Automatic

I have a '91 Honda Accord that quit working while driving down the road. I have replaced the battery, alternator, spark plugs and wires, distributor car and rotor button, and the ignition coil. The car will cranks and turns over easy, but will not fire. We do not hear the fuel pump turn on so wanted to check the relay the the fuel pump. Where is the fuel pump relay located on a '91 Honda Accord? And is the fuel pump in the gas tank?
The PGM-FI main relay powers the fuel pump and the fuel pump is in the fuel tank

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_mr_1.jpg

+3
SHIZOMA
I have spark and fuel to rail but only when cranking. Sorry for so many replies but adding all that I have done replaced ecm was in water replaced dist. Replaced main relay because I foolishly thought with blinking s light it was bad codes 7 and 8 from tcm both shift solenoid codes
SHIZOMA
Ok but as I stated I tested the yellow wire at the fuel pump not harness side of the wire
Dunno the total resistances of the fuel pump motor windings-as you've check it and its 50-150 ohms

Do this power the fuel pump direct from the battery and see what happens
SHIZOMA
Ok just a hick update sorry took so long to get back here.I pulled injectors have great spray all four plugs firing. Firing order correct. Manually cranked engine by hand to ensure distributor seated correctly it is.S light stopped blinking. Still no start checked ect. Tps. Iat. Seems like my map sensor isn't showing correct return voltage for 0 in/hg only have.19v returning which appears to be what it should read at full vacuum.I don't have a vacuum pump so I can't test other voltage readings.I think I am going lil crazy here thanks for your time PS bout 150 psi per cylinder compression I really am losing it this is the second new distributor I put in because the first one I got had a bad reluctor.I am sad
Check the valve and ignition timing if its correctly set.
TIGERGUY05
  • 1991 HONDA ACCORD
This accord has a habit of not starting when the fuel level goes below half a tank. Above that no problem, but as soon as it gets below that mark it will die or if you turn it off it won't start again. Changed fuel pump, cleaned tank, replaced fuel filter, replaced pump relay. Any help would be appreciated. Not much hair left on my head from this one. Thanks. Tigerguy05
MATHIASO
If the fuel sending unit has been changed and it is new, the nest suspect will be the coil behind the gauge or the wiring from the fuel tank to it.
SHIZOMA
I should have mentioned that I did pull the valve cover all the mechanical reasons for it to not run are sound the rebuild was done by an excellent machine shop here however I did visually verify the valve timing
Is the fuel pump coming on and has the correct fuel pressure? I need the fuel pressure before I can continue to help you-