1994 Geo Metro Front Wheel Drive Manual 222, 00 miles
The clutch cable on my 1, 0 liter 3 cylinder 5 speed Geo broke. How is it the replacement cable attached to the clutch pedal? It is so tight near the top of the clutch that I can't even see where the cable is attached.
1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
2. Remove the clutch cable joint nut and disconnect the cable from the release arm.
3. Remove the clutch cable bracket mounting nuts and remove the bracket from the cable.
4. Remove the cable retaining bolts at the clutch pedal.
5. Remove the cable from the vehicle.
To install: 6. Before installation, apply grease to the hook and pin end of the cable.
7. Connect the cable to the clutch pedal and install the retaining bolts.
8. Install the clutch cable bracket on the cable.
9. Position the bracket on the transaxle and install the mounting bolts.
10. Connect the cable to the release lever and install the joint nut on the cable.
11. Adjust the pedal free-play as previously outlined and connect the negative battery cable.