1994 Ford Ranger Fuel Pump

BLADEMAN7
  • 1994 FORD RANGER
Fuel pump not running, power to coil and injectors no power to pump. Engine light has also stopped coming on, used to come on at start and go off like normal. Replaced pump and relay, still don’t pump. Is this a ECM problem or something else?
Monday, June 14th, 2010 AT 6:35 AM

Hi blademan7, Welcome to 2carpros and TY for the donation.

Check and test fuse no.4 30amp and fuse no.22 20amp in the engine compartment fuse/relay box, the PCM power relay in the center of left fender apron and the inertia switch at below right side of I/P below glove box
+1
Monday, June 14th, 2010 AT 7:27 AM
BLADEMAN7
I have checked all that was mentioned. The truck did start once since this started, ran rough engine light flashing. Now nothing.
Monday, June 14th, 2010 AT 8:04 AM
The truck did start once since this started, ran rough engine light flashing. Now nothing.

What is it doing now? Is it cranking over and will not start or just won't crank at all /nothing

Is it the check engine light that's flashihg?
Monday, June 14th, 2010 AT 8:07 AM
BLADEMAN7
Cranking over just does not start. Fuel pump not running. The engine light does not come on when key is activated.
Monday, June 14th, 2010 AT 8:11 AM
Power the fuel pump direct from the battery and tell me what happened-this is beginning to be a nightmare. If the fuel pump comes on-have the computer tested-
+1
Monday, June 14th, 2010 AT 8:14 AM
BLADEMAN7
Fuel pump does not come on, does not have power. The truck ran fine, shut it off one day and would not start up. Again fuel pump not running. All other things such as ignition coil, fuel injectors have power. The engine light always came on when the key was in the run position, but now does not come on at all.
Monday, June 14th, 2010 AT 8:20 AM
BLADEMAN7
If I jump the pump directly it runs.
+1
Monday, June 14th, 2010 AT 11:55 AM
Like you said the inertia switch, fuel pump relay, PCM power relay and the fuses been checked and tested good-last place will be the computer controlled of the relays one goes still has to be replaced
-1
Monday, June 14th, 2010 AT 3:30 PM