Fuel pump problem

JESSEJAMES921
  • 1993 FORD RANGER

I was driving then all of a sudden truck quit running and fuel pump will not turn on with switch, all fuses and relays are working, I have 12v power at fuse box under hood at fuel pump relay but its not making it to the fuel pump, im at a loss on what to do can anyone help

Monday, April 29th, 2013 AT 8:40 AM

Look for a shorted wire or make sure your inertia switch isn't engaged. I think it is on right kick panel just forward of door

Monday, April 29th, 2013 AT 9:56 AM
JESSEJAMES921

The switch is not engadged. And I cant seem to find any shorted wires. The main power to pump will have power to it only when harness is undone from fuel pump. When I connect the harness to pump and check the wires for power it turns to a full ground with switch on or off

Monday, April 29th, 2013 AT 1:20 PM

Sounds like a bad pump then

Monday, April 29th, 2013 AT 1:27 PM
JESSEJAMES921

Im thinkin I shorted the pump out somehow. I have a power probe that if I put power to pump through the main wire it will kick on so thats what got me confused

Monday, April 29th, 2013 AT 1:37 PM