CLUTCH

1995 Ford Mustang

burnsdl

October, 29, 2010 AT 1:53 PM

Shakes or Wobbles problem
1995 Ford Mustang V8 Two Wheel Drive Manual 200000 miles

My 95 mustang has some bad shaking, like you aren't giving it enough gas, when you try to take off in first gear. And some slight shaking between gears when releasing the clutch. What would cause this issue?

Wrenchtech

October, 29, 2010 AT 2:49 PM

You've got a bad clutch and you will have to change the flywheel too. Make sure there are no oil leaks that could get oil on the disc before replacing it.
Make sure the pilot bearing gets changed also.

burnsdl

October, 30, 2010 AT 6:03 AM

The entire clutch assembly, clutch cable, and the flywheel has been changed out. I do not know about the pilot bearing. What else do you suggest.

Wrenchtech

October, 30, 2010 AT 7:05 AM

Make sure the motor mounts are in good shape but other than that, the problem has to lie in the clutch and how the job was done.

burnsdl

October, 30, 2010 AT 8:22 AM

If the motor mounts are ok, could their be any possibility of this being a fuel or vacuum related issue. I have been told that I have low vacuum (15 in.), And supposed to be 20. Getting bunch of different numbers from each individual on what the vacuum should be.

Wrenchtech

October, 30, 2010 AT 8:26 AM

Without being there, I really have no idea what it is that your trying to describe.

burnsdl

October, 30, 2010 AT 8:27 AM

Ok thanks very much for your help.

Clutch/Flywheel/Rear Main Seal Replacement
Pulling an Auto Trans? Easy Instructions