1. Lift the clutch pedal to its upward most position to disengage the pawl and quadrant. Push the quadrant forward, unhook the cable from the quadrant and allow to slowly swing rearward.
2. Open the hood. Remove the screw retaining cable assembly insulator to the dash panel.
3. Pull the cable through the dash panel and into the engine compartment. Remove cable bracket screw from fender apron.
4. Raise the vehicle on a hoist.
5. On 5. OL engines, remove the dust cover from the bell housing.
6. Remove the clip retainer retaining cable assembly to the bell housing.
7. On 5. OL engines, slide the ball on the end of the cable assembly through the hole in the clutch release lever and remove the cable.
8. On 2.3L OHC engines, remove hairpin clip, clevis pin and clevis from end of cable.
CAUTION: The clutch pedal must be lifted to disengage the adjusting mechanism during cable installation. Failure to do so will result in damage to the self-adjuster mechanism.
CAUTION: Under no circumstances should a prying instrument such as a screwdriver or a pry bar be used to install the cable into the quadrant.
1. Insert the cable through the hole in the bell housing and through the hole in the clutch release lever. On 5. OL engines, slide the ball on the end of the cable assembly into cable ball pocket on clutch release lever. On 2.3L OHC engines, place cable ball into clevis. Install clevis and clevis pin onto clutch release lever and into clevis pin.
2. Install the clip retainer retaining the cable assembly to the bell housing.
3. Install the dust shield on the bell housing (5. OL).
4. Push the cable assembly into the engine compartment and lower the vehicle. Install cable bracket screw in fender apron.
5. Push the cable assembly into the hole in the dash panel and secure the insulator with a screw.
6. Install the cable assembly by lifting the clutch pedal to disengage the pawl and quadrant. Then pushing the quadrant forward, hook the end of the cable over the rear of the quadrant.
7. Depress clutch pedal several times to adjust cable.
There you go.
Tuesday, August 24th, 2010 AT 12:37 PM