1998 Ford F-150 check engine light

CHARLIEMAX
  • 1998 FORD F-150
The check engine light continues to come on.I have had the truck in for several repairs, take the truck in get it fixed drive for about a week and the light comes on. Plugs, wires and the oxygen sensor have all been changed along with other repairs to get it passsed on a emissions test. Can't keep paying every week for another repair. Would it be wise to disconnect the light?
Tuesday, November 9th, 2010 AT 8:15 PM

Hi charliemax, Welcome to 2carpros and TY for the donation

What are the OBD2 code/s that are popping up? You don't want to rig the CEL light-you gonna end up flunking the inspection if the inspector don't see the CEL at key on engine off-
Tuesday, November 9th, 2010 AT 9:12 PM
CHARLIEMAX
Not sure would have to take the truck in again to find out the code. The last time it happened it was a misfire and they changed the plugs and wires. The time before was the sensor.I'm just not sure what to do as every time I take it in and something gets fixed it lasts about a week and the light comes on again then its another bill. Trying not to end up with a complete rebuild to find out why this light keeps coming on. Truck seems to run fine. There was a little buck in the motor which seems to have been fixed with the new plugs and wires. Also pryer to the last two fixes there was a good amount of work done just to get it past the emissions test which at that time the same thing was happening fix it drive it and the light would come on.
+1
Wednesday, November 10th, 2010 AT 9:38 AM
We need the code/s without it there's no starting point
Wednesday, November 10th, 2010 AT 12:59 PM