ORIGINAL RADIO WITH TAPE INSTALLED IN 1994 EXPLORER

• artjen
  • 1994 Ford Explorer

Need to know how speakers get hooked into radio. All slots on rear of radio are connected. Where do 8 speaker wires go?

Friday, January 20th, 2006 AT 3:13 PM

• sc1 racing

Are you trying to install an aftermarket stereo? If so you can go to walmart and get a wiring kit that will plug into existing vehical harnes, and will be color coordinated to the after market radio. Ford has all diff wirring colors depending on make/year

Friday, January 20th, 2006 AT 3:21 PM
  • Lovescars

Try Crutchfield. Com they have all the adapters your need

Friday, January 20th, 2006 AT 8:27 PM
  • jake122288

Good luck with figuring that out! The wires color cordinating system is bs. I also have a 1994 ford explorer and mine didnt have a radio in it at all when I bought it. I had to kinda play with it and figure out the wires and since the factory harness was cut when I bought it I had no choice. Your best bet is buy a wiring harness or better yet re wire your speakers yourself! That was my option because once I figured the wires out due to the built in amplifiers with my "premium factory sound system" (i was only missing the factory tape deck) the balance and fader controls wouldnt work right. So I just ran new 14gauge speaker wires to the doors. And now it doesnt do me any good cuz I have external amps for everything lol. Best bet wiring harness!

Wednesday, March 5th, 2008 AT 7:26 PM