Electrical issue

MGWOOD33
  • 2008 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
I was messing with my trailer lights and replaced a fuse and it seemed to fix my trailer issue. However right after my tail lights on my truck immediately stopped working, no brake lights or turn signals. The only thing that works is the third brake light. I’ve checked all of my fuses and can’t find any bad ones and I recently replaced my brake light switch. Does anyone have any ideas? I assume it’s a fuse I’m overlooking.
Sunday, June 28th, 2020 AT 8:34 PM

Hi,

Do the back up lights work? Also, if you disconnect the trailer from the truck, does it make a difference?

Since the third brake light is working, we know it isn't the switch. Do me a favor. Check the fuse I circled in pic 1.

If the fuse is good, check for power to the dark green wire in pic 2 and confirm continuity to ground as well. In pic 3, check for power to the yellow wire and for continuity to ground.

Let me know what you find. Also, let me know if any of the other tail lights are working.

Take care,
Sunday, June 28th, 2020 AT 11:00 PM

Sponsored links