Left rear brake/turn signal not working

JBWOODWARD
  • 2011 FORD F-150
All fuses and relays are good. Relay under hood does not click even when switched. All plugins in rear looked good. Also does not seem to have power at 7 pin for trailer. Truck had LED’s in rear and I replaced them with OEM!
Tuesday, February 11th, 2020 AT 10:29 PM

BMDOUBLE
You will need to trace the gray with brown wire from the left rear turn signal bulb to the body control module at the front passenger side kick panel. If the fuse is good but there is no power out of the gray/brown wire at the body control module, try to disconnect the body control module for 5 minutes or if you have a scan tool, clear the codes in the BCM. The led bulbs that it previously had did not have enough resistance therefore caused excessive amperage to flow into the body control module. The purpose of the field effect transistor (fet) in the module is not only to operate the turn signals, but to also protect the module from damage, consequently there is a possibility that your body control module is faulty because of this, but you can try a few things and I supplied you a diagram with the connectors in that circuit to look for.
Wednesday, February 12th, 2020 AT 8:33 AM

Sponsored links