Driver power window

NAIF83
  • 2011 FORD EDGE
  • AWD
I have the door ajar sensor problem. So to fix it. I cut the wrong wire and ground it which caused a spark. Reconnected the wire. Now my driver power window will not work. Green purple wire.
Thursday, February 9th, 2017 AT 12:12 PM

STEVE W.
Check fuse 32 (15A) in the body control module.
+9
Thursday, February 9th, 2017 AT 12:39 PM
JREIN71
I did almost exactly the same thing. I shorted the wrong wire to ground trying to fix the door ajar issue. Which caused the driver side power window to stop working. I checked fuse #1 in the BCM and it was fine. Based on Steve W's suggestion, I checked fuse #32, and it was blown. I changed the fuse and the power window works again! As a side note, I did find the right green/violet stripe wire that goes to the driver door ajar sensor. There are two green wires with a stripe in the wire bundle behind the removable panel that runs along the floor by the driver door. As I recall the correct wire for the door ajar sensor is slightly thinner.
+5
Wednesday, February 22nd, 2017 AT 6:52 PM
STEVE W.
Thank you for using 2CarPros. Com.
Tell your friends, family and anyone you like about us and please return with any auto related questions, we're here to help.
+1
Wednesday, February 22nd, 2017 AT 8:06 PM