1998 Dodge Stratus won't start

BRANDONRCREASY
  • 1998 DODGE STRATUS
Car shut off while driving. Won't start. Check and have no spark or fuel. What would cause both the fuel and spark to quit at the same time. Need to know where to start looking
Wednesday, July 14th, 2010 AT 9:33 PM

Has the check engine light ever come on?
+2
Saturday, July 17th, 2010 AT 12:23 AM
BRANDONRCREASY
Before the car quit working. Occasionally it would flash going down the road. There are no codes in the computer i've already hooked an obdII reader to it.
Saturday, July 17th, 2010 AT 3:51 PM
If you lost both and there are no codes, start by checking the ASD. If bad, it will shut both down.
Sunday, July 18th, 2010 AT 1:13 AM
BRANDONRCREASY
Checked it. It clicks but gets really warm very quickly. Also have rotated the relays because all of the are the same. Could it have something to do with the grounding circuits. Or could it be the crank or camshaft position sensors
Sunday, July 18th, 2010 AT 6:15 AM
I don't like the fact the ASD is getting hot. It checked out okay though you said. My guess is the ASD is failing under a load or there is a ground problem. The crank sensor would neither cause the ASD to get hot nor the fuel pump to shut.
Sunday, July 18th, 2010 AT 8:53 PM
BRANDONRCREASY
I believe it is a grounding problem also. The people i've spoken with say that a ground problem could be the issue. The troubleshooting steps say I need to run some test with a scan tool to determine what the problem is. Any pointer on where and how it would cost just to have the test run to determine the problem.
Sunday, July 18th, 2010 AT 9:07 PM
BIGJIM220
Hey, what did you find out?
+1
Monday, February 14th, 2011 AT 10:41 PM
It's hard to determine a cost because it is all based on how quickly they are able to find the problem. As far as the scan tool, it helps identify open circuits which should point them in the direction of the problem.
Tuesday, February 15th, 2011 AT 3:11 AM