WINDSHIELD WIPER PROBLEM - 2001 DODGE RAM 1500

• Chuckabutty
  • 2001 Dodge Ram

I recently acquired a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 4 x 4 pickup with extended cab.

The windshield wiper acts up on the intermittent setting. It works fine on continuous wipe, both low and high speed. When the wiper is turned on the first position is intermittent. It is then that the wiper blades will rise to the vertical position and sit there. Several seconds later they will go right down and then back up just a couple of inches. Then this pattern continues, each time going through the same amount of time but stoppiing in a different place each time.

I'm guessing that there is an intermittent relay at fault. If this is so, where will I find the controller, please?

Friday, March 16th, 2007 AT 2:49 PM

• sclang

I am having the exact same problem with my 2001 Ram 1500 V8 5.2 with 61K miles and have been told it was the wiper motor? I have also been told it may have been a central timer module? So, my question is which one would it be and if its the central timing module where is it located?

+1
Saturday, November 24th, 2007 AT 8:57 AM
  • Chuckabutty

I replaced the motor and it's fine, now. It cost me $82.17 for the motor and it took about 30 minutes to replace it. Easy job. The guy I bought the truck from told me that he remembered trying to clear the windshield of frost and snow. The blades were stuck to the glass but it kept trying even after he turned off the ignition, and damaged the park switch which is built in to the motor.

Saturday, November 24th, 2007 AT 6:24 PM
  • sclang

Will try changing wiper motor!

Sunday, November 25th, 2007 AT 8:21 AM