I HAVE A FEW PROBLEMS FIRST WHEN I SHIFT INTO ...

2005 Dodge Ram

Chambo78

I have a few problems, first when I shift into drive I hear a loud metal knocking sound but it's not every time just most of the time. Second, I have a few electrical problems that I can't figure out, I can only roll down the windows from the drivers controls like the window lock is on, also my air condition/heater will only work on full blast. Sometimes it will work normal though. My windshield wipers do the same, and one time I was walking to my truck and pushed the unlock button on my key chain and the windshield wipers went one time then stopped. And finally my truck is miss firing I've changed sensors up stream and down stream and all the spark plugs and wires are brand new. Please help I just want to get it working right so I can sell it

Wrenchtech

You have a number of unrelated problems here and we cannot address multiple issues within one question because it becomes way too confusing to follow. You should ask separate questions for the other issues.

I will try to address the knocking noise here.
You description is rather vague as to where it's coming from but the first thing to check is to see if the can is contacting the shroud, possibly due to a broken motor mount allowing the engine to shift.

Chambo78

February, 1, 2013 AT 12:48 AM

The knocking seems to be coming from under the truck because I can feel it in my feet when it shifts. It will happen sometimes right when I feel it shift into drive. And sometimes I will feel it shift then maybe a second or two delay befor it knocks. And it sounds like someone hitting my drive shaft with a hammer. I hope this is less vague.

Wrenchtech

February, 1, 2013 AT 12:50 AM

Check the exhaust system and look for a spot where it comes real close to any part of the body or frame and look for any signs of contact.

Chambo78

February, 1, 2013 AT 1:00 AM

Thank you I will check it out and get back to you. Much appreciated.

Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Mercedes
Windshield Wiper Replacement Ford Escape
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Volkswagen
Wiper Blade Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Wiper Blade Replacement Acura MDX
Windshield Wiper Replacement Ford Explorer
Windshield Wiper Replacement Mercedes Benz ML