LAMP OUT WARNING

Dodge Ram

schmidz

April, 26, 2007 AT 2:02 PM

We have a 2002 dodge ram 1500 with 194,000KM on it. Keep getting intermittent " lamp out" warning. The bell will sound but not display the lighted " lamp out" until it has chimed 4-6 times first. Then will keep chiming without the " lamp out" lit up. Very random, nothing that it sparking it. Will happen then stop for a few months, then happen again. All lamps are fine. Any idea re what it is?

taz12345

July, 30, 2007 AT 7:56 PM

I have a 2003 dodge ram 1500 V8 4.7 with 38,000 miles on it. Keep getting intermittent " lamp out" warning. The bell will sound and display the " lamp out" message. It just started doing this today 7/30/2007. I checked all my lights and they are fine. Please help me, I dont know why this is happening.

dipweed23

August, 3, 2007 AT 12:37 AM

Either you have a grounding issue or a bulb is " about to go" meaning that the filiment is cracked, but when sitting still it is still making contact.
I would let it go for a few weeks with lamps on full time to get the troubled bulb to finally quit, or take it to a shop to have them further diagnose the problem.

Brake Light Bulb Replacement Chevrolet