Windshield wipers are not working

TAMMY THOMPSON
  • 2000 DODGE RAM

V8 four wheel drive automatic

Need to know what I can do to see why my windshield wipers are not working?

Wednesday, February 3rd, 2010 AT 4:41 PM

SCOTTY DEE

Do they work on any setting?

Thursday, February 4th, 2010 AT 8:13 PM
MOBBIN509
  • 1986 DODGE RAM
  • MERGED

Four cylinder two wheel drive automatic

I was recently driving in the rain when the windshield wipers stopped working. They just stopped upright on the windshield. I tried turning the switch off and on and they would not work. Also, I tried the washer/rinser switch and that worked. Is it the motor or did something short out in the rain? I do not know what is wrong with it.

Friday, December 30th, 2016 AT 4:23 PM
  • MERGED

First, wiggle the motor when the switches are turned on. If it sparks and starts to run, add a new ground wire from the cover screw to the body of the truck. The motor is mounted on three rubber bushings. Ground is made through a brass strip riveted to the motor plate. It gets a burned spot that breaks the ground circuit.

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Friday, December 30th, 2016 AT 4:23 PM
KRYP2NITE
  • MERGED

Thanks caradiodoc! I had to sign up to the site just to thanks you. I replaced my motor that was not it I was about to beat my head against a wall in frustration when I saw your post. Yup, saw sparks cleaned it and for extra ground I also wired another ground into the body. Thanks!

+1
Friday, December 30th, 2016 AT 4:23 PM
NVITIELLO
  • 2002 DODGE RAM
  • MERGED

V8 four wheel drive automatic 145,000 miles

tail lights do not work, high beams do not work and the windshield wipers do not work. Brake lights and headlights do work, but headlights now go off when I turn the car off which has never been the case. Took to mechanic who said it was the "modulator". Concerned about cost to repair as mechanic stated it has to be repaired by the dealer.

Friday, December 30th, 2016 AT 4:23 PM
  • MERGED

What module is he refering to?

Friday, December 30th, 2016 AT 4:23 PM
  • 2002 DODGE RAM
  • MERGED

I unhook the battery to clean the terminals when I hook it back up now the wipers do not work the light you cannot turn on or off and the cluster on ceiling does not work. Can you help me?

Friday, December 30th, 2016 AT 4:23 PM
  • MERGED

Check the fuses. The circuits you mentioned are controlled by computers, and they cause current surges when you reconnect the battery.

Friday, December 30th, 2016 AT 4:23 PM
JOEHEMI
  • 2003 DODGE RAM
  • MERGED

V8 four wheel drive automatic 73,000 miles

sometimes wipers work, and then they do not, but right now they are not working except when I use squirters. After a couple days they will work fine, what can I do? Intermittent and regular do not work, so you know it is different problem from the intermittent problem.

Friday, December 30th, 2016 AT 4:23 PM
  • MERGED

There is relay that controls the delay. Check that out. Also, if noting works, check for power to the wiper motor. If there is power, the motor is the problem. IF there is no power, check multi switch.

-1
Friday, December 30th, 2016 AT 4:23 PM