Windshield wipers are not working

TAMMY THOMPSON
  • 2000 DODGE RAM

V8 four wheel drive automatic

Need to know what I can do to see why my windshield wipers are not working?

Wednesday, February 3rd, 2010 AT 4:41 PM

SCOTTY DEE

Do they work on any setting?

Thursday, February 4th, 2010 AT 8:13 PM
MOBBIN509
  • 1986 DODGE RAM
  • MERGED

Four cylinder two wheel drive automatic

I was recently driving in the rain when the windshield wipers stopped working. They just stopped upright on the windshield. I tried turning the switch off and on and they would not work. Also, I tried the washer/rinser switch and that worked. Is it the motor or did something short out in the rain? I do not know what is wrong with it.

Friday, December 30th, 2016 AT 4:23 PM
  • MERGED

First, wiggle the motor when the switches are turned on. If it sparks and starts to run, add a new ground wire from the cover screw to the body of the truck. The motor is mounted on three rubber bushings. Ground is made through a brass strip riveted to the motor plate. It gets a burned spot that breaks the ground circuit.

Friday, December 30th, 2016 AT 4:23 PM
KRYP2NITE
  • MERGED

Thanks caradiodoc! I had to sign up to the site just to thanks you. I replaced my motor that was not it I was about to beat my head against a wall in frustration when I saw your post. Yup, saw sparks cleaned it and for extra ground I also wired another ground into the body. Thanks!

+1
Friday, December 30th, 2016 AT 4:23 PM
NVITIELLO
  • 2002 DODGE RAM
  • MERGED

V8 four wheel drive automatic 145,000 miles

tail lights do not work, high beams do not work and the windshield wipers do not work. Brake lights and headlights do work, but headlights now go off when I turn the car off which has never been the case. Took to mechanic who said it was the "modulator". Concerned about cost to repair as mechanic stated it has to be repaired by the dealer.

Friday, December 30th, 2016 AT 4:23 PM
  • MERGED

What module is he refering to?

Friday, December 30th, 2016 AT 4:23 PM
  • 2002 DODGE RAM
  • MERGED

I unhook the battery to clean the terminals when I hook it back up now the wipers do not work the light you cannot turn on or off and the cluster on ceiling does not work. Can you help me?

-1
Friday, December 30th, 2016 AT 4:23 PM
  • MERGED

Check the fuses. The circuits you mentioned are controlled by computers, and they cause current surges when you reconnect the battery.

Friday, December 30th, 2016 AT 4:23 PM
JOEHEMI
  • 2003 DODGE RAM
  • MERGED

V8 four wheel drive automatic 73,000 miles

sometimes wipers work, and then they do not, but right now they are not working except when I use squirters. After a couple days they will work fine, what can I do? Intermittent and regular do not work, so you know it is different problem from the intermittent problem.

Friday, December 30th, 2016 AT 4:23 PM
  • MERGED

There is relay that controls the delay. Check that out. Also, if noting works, check for power to the wiper motor. If there is power, the motor is the problem. IF there is no power, check multi switch.

-1
Friday, December 30th, 2016 AT 4:23 PM
JCLARK4
  • 1998 DODGE RAM
  • MERGED

My wipers stopped working on my 1998 Dodge 1500 truck. How do I diagonsis the problem?

Friday, December 30th, 2016 AT 4:23 PM
MHPAUTOS
  • MERGED

Can you hear the wiper motor running? If so remove the wiper motor and check the regulator linkage from the motor to the wiper arms are not broken, if no motor operation, start with the fuses and if ok, check the switch, if power at the motor and no action, m replace the wiper motor.

Please consider a donation if we helped you
Friday, December 30th, 2016 AT 4:23 PM
CATES911
  • 2005 DODGE RAM
  • MERGED

2005 Dodge Ram V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 78000 miles

Sometimes it seems when the weather is cold, that the wipers will not work at all. Doesnt matter what setting(low, intermittant, or hi) this could go on for a couple hours(of not working) to a couple days, then all of a sudden they will work fine.

Any thoughts?

Friday, December 30th, 2016 AT 4:24 PM
  • 2005 DODGE RAM
  • MERGED

The gadges are not working not even the windshield wipers what can my problem be?

Friday, December 30th, 2016 AT 4:24 PM
ZANDOR
  • 2005 DODGE RAMDODGE RAM
  • MERGED

Hello I have a 2004 dodge ram 3500 heavy duty 4x4. It is a diesel with a manual transmission. The engine is a cummins 24 valve turbo deisel with 135144 miles on It. The problem I have is when it rains the wiper delay does not work and sometimes none of the wiper selections work. But I only have this problem when it rains. They work any other time. So if you can, please tell me what the problem might be.

Friday, December 30th, 2016 AT 4:24 PM
RICHARDPEAK
  • 2002 DODGE RAM
  • MERGED

2002 Dodge Ram 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual

signal lights brakelights underhoodlight/wipers does not work

Friday, December 30th, 2016 AT 4:24 PM
BLS89
  • 2002 DODGE RAM
  • MERGED

2002 Dodge Ram 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 90,000 miles

I have a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500. I had some engine work done and the guy who fixed it had the dash board out. Everything worked fine after he fixed it. Just yesterday, the dash board quit working, turn signals don't work, head lights and tail lights are always on, locks don't work, winshield wipers dont work, break lights dont work, radio works, interior light dont work. Can you tell me what might be wrong?

Friday, December 30th, 2016 AT 4:24 PM