1998 Dodge Ram No interior lights, radio, power side mirror

ASCAMARORSSS
  • 1998 DODGE RAM
My interior lights, radio, power side mirrors, and power locks don't work. When the key is in the ignition the power door locks only open they do not lock. I replaced the timing module, and checked the fuses. I heard the the ignition switch might have something to do with it. I want to know if that was the problem or if anyone had any ideas that could help me out
Thursday, March 12th, 2009 AT 10:40 AM

ZACKMAN
If all interior lights, radio and power mirrors don't work, you need to check fuse #12. Everything is run through that fuse.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/55316_98ramradio_1.jpg

As for the door lock, try cleaning the solenoids using some electrical cleaner. Over time, you have a lot of buildup in the solenoid. I had to replace two solenoid in my wife's car because of that.
+1
Thursday, March 12th, 2009 AT 11:03 AM
Hello, did you check the fuse circuit for voltage, even if the fuse is good, if there is no feed it won't matter.

Fuse 12, 10 amp for radio and dome lite, should be hot all the time.
+5
Thursday, March 12th, 2009 AT 11:09 AM
ASCAMARORSSS
I already check the fuse and the relays under the hood
Thursday, March 12th, 2009 AT 11:30 AM
Did you check that the fuse circuit has voltage? Zackman posted a diagram, did you check that fuse box.
+2
Thursday, March 12th, 2009 AT 12:19 PM
ASCAMARORSSS
Did you check that the fuse circuit has voltage? Zackman posted a diagram, did you check that fuse box.[/Quote:06a2d17ff5]

Yes I did. It was one of the first things that I did when the problem started. I heard that it might have to do with the ignition switch because the radio lights, power locks and mirrors all run through it, so I was wondering if there was any truth to that.
+1
Thursday, March 12th, 2009 AT 12:28 PM
The feed for the fuse in the post, doesn't come from the ignition switch. Usually the radio has two feeds, one feed is hot all the time probably comes from a fusible link/battery junction. The other circuit is ignition feed, goes hot when you turn on the key.

When there are multiple problems track one circuit. If the dome lites don't work, check the jam switch in the passenger door. That switch grounds the circuit. The voltage for the circuit comes from the same fuse, we already talked about.
+1
Friday, March 13th, 2009 AT 12:17 PM