The crank sensor is behind the right exhaust manifold. The manifold needs to be removed to gain access to the sensor.
Caution: Refer to Vehicle Lifting Caution in Service Precautions.
1. Remove the right exhaust manifold.
2. Disconnect the crankshaft position (CKP) sensor electrical connector (1).
Important: Clean the area around the CKP before removal in order to avoid debris from entering the engine.
3. Remove the CKP sensor bolt.
4. Remove the CKP sensor.
1. Remove the engine sight shield.
2. Remove the spark plugs.
3. Remove the exhaust crossover pipe nuts from the right exhaust manifold.
4. Disconnect the catalytic converter from the exhaust manifold.
5. Support the catalytic convertor and exhaust system with the mechanics wire.
6. Lower the vehicle.
7. Remove the ignition coil.
8. Remove the O2 sensors.
Check out the diagrams (Below). Please let us know what happens.
Images (Click to enlarge)
Wednesday, March 17th, 2021 AT 5:13 PM