What is this PCV-looking hose that is on the Air Intake Duct

LINNEX MILES
  • 2003 CHEVROLET IMPALA
I was inspecting the hoses on my car and I made my way to the air intake duct. The best way I can describe it is the PCV-looking hose that is on the air intake duct. That is above the air intake sensor and to the extreme left to the mass air flow sensor. I noticed a crack and when I went to inspect it was brittle and snapped in two.

I supplied a picture for reference. When to the local auto parts store, they have no clue attempted to reach out to local mechanic, but was not in. Please advise as to what is the part? Where can I find it? And is there a diagram to show where the other end goes?

Thanks!

Also, the opposite end was oily. What do I need to inspect? Thanks again.
Thursday, October 13th, 2016 AT 1:38 AM

It is a breather hose that goes to valve cover they get oily from sucking oil vapors to be reburned when car is running. Auto part should have it if not dealers may.
+3
Thursday, October 13th, 2016 AT 5:39 AM
LINNEX MILES
Thanks for the info! To share my discovery, the technical name for part in question is called the 3.4 LITER V6 ENGINE CRANKCASE VENTILATION TUBE GM Part Number 24508188. Well, as the parts dealer has educated me that is. Is there a diagram available that shows where the opposite end goes? The Haynes manual is not providing me much info. Thanks!
+2
Friday, October 14th, 2016 AT 5:30 PM
KEN
Hey Linnex,

Yes the tube goes into the top of the valve cover.

Best, Ken
+4
Saturday, October 15th, 2016 AT 12:16 AM
JEDUNN
I came across this thread searching for info on this exact hose. Where exactly does the other end connect to? I didn't realize it came loose until after I was done replacing the air filter. A diagram or detailed explanation would help, I know you said valve cover above, but it doesn't seem long enough to really reach anywhere. I also have a 2003 Impala. Here's a pic below of it hooked only to intake.
+1
Thursday, March 9th, 2017 AT 10:17 PM
The other end goes to valve cover so engine vapors can be sucked into engine and burned. Check both covers there should be a hole towards the air duct
+1
Friday, March 10th, 2017 AT 6:32 AM
JEDUNN
Thank you. I found the hole and once I figured out the proper path the hose laid between the two parts, it popped right into place.
+1
Friday, March 10th, 2017 AT 10:07 AM