Cranks, has spark, no fuel pulses at fuel injectors

DEANNA MCCOY
  • 2002 GMC SIERRA
Truck ran when parked 5 years ago as transmission went bad. Just replaced transmission and now truck won't start. Replaced fuel regulator, new battery, engine cranks and has spark just not getting fuel to injectors.
Saturday, November 21st, 2020 AT 2:50 PM

DANNY L
Hello, I'm Danny.

You say you replaced the fuel regulator but you might have a failed fuel pump due to sitting for so long. I would suggest to first perform a fuel pressure test. If you don't have access to a fuel pressure tester most auto parts stores have a tool loaner program and can rent you one. Here is a tutorial showing what is involved:

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-fuel-system-pressure-and-regulator

After performing this test get back to us with the results and we'll go from there. The proper fuel pressure for your truck should be 55- 62 psi with key on-engine off. Hope this helps and thanks for using 2CarPros.
Saturday, November 21st, 2020 AT 4:57 PM

Sponsored links