2005 CHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRY CD/DVD PLAYER STOPPED WORKIN

• Nfeggestad
  • 2005 CHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRY

2005 Chrysler Town and Country 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 151000 miles

I live in Wisconsin. My Chrysler T&C has a CD/DVD player that holds up to 6 discs. The van was outside on an extremely cold day last week. It has not been uncommon in the past for the CD/DVD player to not work immediately upon starting after the car has sat in the cold for a while. However, after the car would warm up, the CD/DVD player would go back to normal - until last week. Since then, the lights on the CD/DVD changer simply flash back and forth - first the 3 lights on one side wlll flash on and then the 3 lights on the other slide will flash. They flash back and forth quickly. A couple of people (not mechanics) have suggested that it might be a fuse. We found the fuse box under the hood but coud not figure out which fuse was for the CD/DVD player. I'd like to find out if it's a fuse that I can fix on my own or if it's a bigger issue that I need to take to the dealer.

Wednesday, December 23rd, 2009 AT 9:03 PM

• Caradiodoc

Common sense would suggest it would be dead if a fuse was blown. The sequence of the flashing lights is the code related to the problem. I have the service manuals for the cd changers, but there is no reference to the diagnostic codes and no information on retiming the gear train. The dealer will order a replacement unit for you.

-1
Thursday, December 24th, 2009 AT 12:56 AM