2002 Chrysler Sebring trouble with AC system

BLANKET00
  • 2002 CHRYSLER SEBRING
Air conditioner works on and off when it works everything is cold as ice freon level is perfect and pressures are perfect when compressor is enguaged had it checked by a shop I have a code of p1598 ac pressure switch voltage to high cant find a cause other than computer being bad problem seems to occur at the hottest parts of the day around 1100 am thru 430ish pm after that I have yet been able to recreate the issue I am looking for maybe some way of troublshooting it or maybe you might have had this issue and know the fix for it as guesing and just replaceing parts for this system is extremely costly thanks in advance for your time and energy in this matter and feel free to contact me if you need anything further
Thursday, June 12th, 2008 AT 2:07 PM

LEGITIMATE007
Check both high pressure and low pressure switch, they may need to be replaced
Thursday, June 12th, 2008 AT 2:23 PM
DOCFIXIT
Sounds like the high side cutout switch. On high side line there is a switch that when the high pressure gets too high it cuts off the compresor to avoid damage. So the switch could be bad giving you the code but I think there maybe another problem. You are loosing AC in the hot part of day so what is happening is cooling fans are not working or a restriction to air flow across the condensor or an inefficiant radiator. The freon is retaining to much heat and the high goes up switch does it"s job shuts off comp.
Hope this helps
Thursday, June 12th, 2008 AT 2:27 PM
BLANKET00
Sounds like a good idea to test the high and low switch now here is the issue with that there is only one switch that I can see on my system it is on the high side inches from the condensor and it has 3 wires and is also not shown in the haynes repair manual wiring diagrams
-1
Thursday, June 12th, 2008 AT 5:19 PM
RAJEN522
Were you able to figure out what was causing your ac problem? Mine has been doing the exact same thing for about a year.
Saturday, July 19th, 2008 AT 9:38 AM
BLANKET00
Found out that the problem was the control panel inside the car replaced it with a new one problem went away. Dealer item btw 130.00 bucks too it sure beat the items the repair shop told me I needed they said it was junk in my system from a failing compressor so I would need the compressor, expansion valve, dryer receiver, and a system flush 650 is what he said I like the 130 better hope this helps you
+1
Saturday, July 19th, 2008 AT 3:26 PM
RAJEN522
Oh great thank you so much! I will call the dealer on Monday!
Saturday, July 19th, 2008 AT 4:43 PM
BSFYK2
Thanks to blanket00. AC was on sometimes, then blew hot air. I bought a used control panel on EBay and now the AC works great!
+2
Thursday, August 6th, 2009 AT 11:15 PM