A/C ISNT WORKING AND I HAVE FOUND A LEAK

• billbrake
  • 2006 Chrysler Sebring

And was wondering if the gasket can be replaced on the compressor inlet and outlet block? Hi I have a 2006 chrysler sebring touring 2.7 liter v6 my question involves the a/c compressor. My ac is not blowing cold air nor was the compressor kicking in. I bought an R12a recharge kit and suspected my system was low on gas. I hooked up system as per instructions and the system was not taking the charge. To rule out the compressor being faulty I ran a wire from the positive terminal of the battery straight to the clutch wire on the compressor the compressor kicked in and was running fine

. I opened the valve with the compressor running and the system took a full can. Almost immediately I noticed a dripping from the compressor area under the car. Upon further investigation I found the heaviest soiled area was on the compressor where the hoses enter and leave the compressor there is a block with a gasket held on by four allen key bolts. Can this gasket be replaced with out replacing the compressor?Please help as I cannot afford to take this to a shop but would like to repair it. Thanks for your time

Monday, June 11th, 2012 AT 1:24 AM

• billbrake

Was in kms also not miles lol

Monday, June 11th, 2012 AT 1:28 AM
  • ASEMaster6371

Is there enough room to remove it? It is an or ring, not a gasket.I hope you meant 134, not 12. If you added 12, you contaminated the entire system.

Monday, June 11th, 2012 AT 1:31 AM
  • billbrake

Thanks ASEMaster the package I bought at canadian tire is R12a top up for 134 systems it all leaked out anyway thats how I found the leak! I am going to take it into a shop to have it repaired if it can be done cheap enough. It appears there is room enough to remove the cap with the compressor in place. There is an O-ring in there then? I swear it looked like it would have held a gasket. Thanks for the clarification

Monday, June 11th, 2012 AT 1:57 AM
  • ASEMaster6371

Good luck

Monday, June 11th, 2012 AT 2:07 AM