2000 CHEVY VENTURE WON'T QUIT OVERHEATING

• makdg7
  • 2000 Chevrolet Venture

Engine Cooling problem
2000 Chevy Venture 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 130, 00 miles

I had changed the antifreeze, radiator cap, and thermostat. The van has rear heat, I keep bleeding the air out of the system and i'm getting nowhere fast, i've noticed that there is a motor type thing or a pump to the left side of the overflow tank, I can only get it to run if I run jumper wires to it. Is this thing causing any of my problems?

Sunday, March 30th, 2008 AT 7:20 PM

• Service Writer

Fair chance of a leaking intake manifold gasket. Seen many of these on this truck. Are continuing to have to add coolant or is it staying full?

Post a pic of what your hot wiring.

Are the cooling fans operating when the engine reachs 220-230?

Sunday, March 30th, 2008 AT 7:44 PM
  • dennyp

I agree with possible intake gaskets leaking. The motor you are talking about is for the seconday air injection system.

Saturday, April 5th, 2008 AT 8:00 AM
  • makdg7

Well do you know if that pump is suppose to run all the time then? Because I have noticed that there is no power to the plug on it, I tested it with a test light. Also does it run off of a relay or fuse if so where is it?

Saturday, April 5th, 2008 AT 9:35 AM
  • james36

Why does the antifreeze bubble like its overheating in just the overflow container but the rest of the system is perfectly fine?

Tuesday, August 9th, 2011 AT 7:04 PM