CHEVY WON'T QUIT OVERHEATING

2000 Chevrolet Venture

makdg7

March, 30, 2008 AT 7:20 PM

Engine Cooling problem
2000 Chevy Venture 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 130, 00 miles

I had changed the antifreeze, radiator cap, and thermostat. The van has rear heat, I keep bleeding the air out of the system and i'm getting nowhere fast, i've noticed that there is a motor type thing or a pump to the left side of the overflow tank, I can only get it to run if I run jumper wires to it. Is this thing causing any of my problems?

Service Writer

March, 30, 2008 AT 7:44 PM

Fair chance of a leaking intake manifold gasket. Seen many of these on this truck. Are continuing to have to add coolant or is it staying full?

Post a pic of what your hot wiring.

Are the cooling fans operating when the engine reachs 220-230?

dennyp

April, 5, 2008 AT 8:00 AM

I agree with possible intake gaskets leaking. The motor you are talking about is for the seconday air injection system.

makdg7

April, 5, 2008 AT 9:35 AM

Well do you know if that pump is suppose to run all the time then? Because I have noticed that there is no power to the plug on it, I tested it with a test light. Also does it run off of a relay or fuse if so where is it?

james36

August, 9, 2011 AT 7:04 PM

Why does the antifreeze bubble like its overheating in just the overflow container but the rest of the system is perfectly fine?

Thermostat Replacement Chevrolet Blazer
Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Thermostat Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Thermostat Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser