CHEVY TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS

2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer

breezeybye

May, 5, 2010 AT 7:06 PM

2004 Chevy Trailblazer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 98000 miles

I have a 2004 Chevy Trailblazer 4 wheel drive w/ 98,000. I had a problem with it when I go to take off, around 20 mph, my RPM's goes up real high to about 4, but my car doesn't seem to want to go. But it will eventually shift into gear at the 30 mph mark. It's like it won't shift into that first gear. Other than that it runs great. And I noticed that if I slowly take off and let my foot off the break it will shift and the RPM's don't go high. I had a mechanic use a hand held computer device to check the tranmission and he didn't see anything. He also put a transmission filter in. Could this be my transmission or something to do with the 4 wheel drive switch?

Transmission Flare

Transmission Problem

Jimmy48

September, 4, 2012 AT 2:47 PM

Have you ever received an answer to your question? I have 2004 Trailblazer with exactly the same issue you described. Please reply if you found (or didn; t) a solution.

Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage
Automatic Transmission Service