Blower switch?

MATTSON17
  • CHEVROLET SILVERADO
I have a 96 chevy K2500, 350 with 160000 miles. My heater works but I can't get it to blow out the defrost or the dash vents, its stuck on the floor heater. What could be the cause of this? Is it an easy fix or is it better to take it to a mechanic? Thanks for the help
Thursday, October 18th, 2007 AT 4:21 PM

SERVICE WRITER
The brake pads weren't the problem, but they may be damaged now. The rotors are the source and should have been replaced at the same time as the pads anyways. The rotor deforms under excessive heat and contorts the rotor to a wavy surface causing the vibration.
Friday, August 3rd, 2007 AT 8:03 PM
CHEVYII
There are a few components that need to be checked, first being vaccum supply to the heat ac module under the dash, the supply comes from the engine and down by the right fender in the box, there are several blend door acuators whick move the doors according to your selection on the knob, there is also vacuum there, thats where the blend door acuators come in, when you turn the knob vacuum is sent to your desired postion, it can get complicated if you let it,

check for vaccum at the source under the dash on the right side, next pull the ac heat control panel off and see if the vacuum is switching

let one us know when you get there

jim
Thursday, October 18th, 2007 AT 6:44 PM

Sponsored links