2004 CHEVY SILVERADO LOW RPM'S, ENGINE DIES

• wileycoyote13
  • 2004 Chevrolet Silverado

2004 Chevy Silverado V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 146500 miles

After starting my truck from cold or after 20 minutes of cool down, I drive less than few hundred yards and apply brakes to stop or turn, engine runs rough and then dies. Restarts immediately, but it dies again if I let off throttle, while applying brakes. Battery light comes on when engine dies like it should. Please help. I have added an AEM cold air intake and an Air Raid throttle body spacer. No other mods. Ran different brands of octane booster and higher octane fuel through system and seems to run rougher. Thank you, Chris

Tuesday, October 13th, 2009 AT 1:24 PM

• rhall77

Disconnect your maf sensor and see what happends. Do you have a check engine light on?

Tuesday, October 13th, 2009 AT 5:21 PM
  • wileycoyote13

No, check engine light as of yet. What are the possible issues that may arise if the maf is disconnected?

Wednesday, October 14th, 2009 AT 5:16 AM
  • rhall77

Nothing, just your check engine light will come on. If the MAF is the problem, with it disconnected you should have plenty of power and no stalling

Wednesday, October 14th, 2009 AT 5:56 PM
  • wileycoyote13

I bought some CRC brand MAF Cleaner and sprayed the sensor, slight improvement. Still stalls, but runs smoother. Have to spend to get it fixed right. Always go cheap first. Thank you for the tips and advice. Wiley coyote!

Thursday, October 15th, 2009 AT 7:24 AM
  • rhall77

Try to disconnect it first before you spray anything into it

Thursday, October 15th, 2009 AT 5:50 PM