Airbag light

SUPERBOND
  • 2003 CHEVROLET SILVERADO

My brother's truck's airbag light came on and will not go out. I was reading on other sites and they said to try and move the seat and the light will go out. On other sites people have changed sensors, fixed temporally, but it came back on. There are a lot of people with the same problem, somebody out there must know the solution.

Hi, looked under the passenger seat and all look fine, wires not even close. What else could it be? Thanks for a speedy reply

The code is : B0092. I hope that helps. Thanks

Saturday, March 29th, 2008 AT 10:04 AM

DENNYP

DTC B0092 Set (Repair Passenger Presence System (PPS) Sensor Harness)

Subject: Air Bag Lamp On, Passenger Air Bag Indicator Always Reads OFF, DTC B0092 Set (Repair Passenger Presence System (PPS) Sensor Harness)

Condition:
Some customers may comment that the Air Bag Lamp is on and the Passenger Air Bag indicator always reads OFF. Upon investigation, the technician may find DTC B0092 set.

Cause:
The cause of this condition may be a shorted Passenger Presence System (PPS) sensor wire. The PPS sensor harness is located under the front passenger seat. This harness may be pinched between the seat frame and the track/riser.

Correction:

Locate the PPS sensor (1) and inspect the harness for proper routing. If the harness is pinched between the seat frame and the track/riser, use the procedure listed below to repair wire(s).

Move the front passenger seat to the full rearward and full tilt up position.
Loosen the seat frame to track/riser nut and remove the harness.
Tighten the seat frame to track/riser nut.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/102900_912514_1.jpg

Hope this helps.

+9
Sunday, March 30th, 2008 AT 10:04 AM
2CARPROS KEN

This problem has to do with the airbag module having a problem. Many of our members have replaced the sensor but it made no difference.

Here is its location (below).

PS. They get damaged when they get wet. :)

Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

Cheers, Ken

Monday, June 19th, 2017 AT 2:52 PM
FBRAND
  • 2003 CHEVROLET SILVERADO

V8 two wheel drive automatic.

I have an air bag light that stays on constantly. When the ignition key is turned on the air bag light flashes three times then pauses before staying on. Hopefully this flash code will help in diagnosing of the problem. I also have a 1999 Ford Explorer that has an issue with the ABS system. At very slow speeds the abs pulses the brakes and the brake pedal seems to go soft, gives you the feeling your not going to stop. Other than that the brakes work fine.

Monday, June 19th, 2017 AT 2:52 PM (Merged)
SERVICE WRITER

Have to love the goodies that are put into a vehicle to make it safer. Just really expensive. I cannot knock ABS too much as it saved my life once.

Anyways you are going to need a capable scanner for both issues more than likely.

On the Chevrolet, you need to see if any air bag codes are present then we can go further with that. When the ignition is turned on, the airbag system goes through a diagnostic check, so that may be normal. But check for codes and that will tell where we need to go.

On the Ford. Again the ABS system must be checked for codes. Depending on that, you may need to drive it with the scanner hooked up and watch to see the wheel speeds for when the problem happens. A snapshot of the data can be taken at that point to make it easier to see if a wheel rpm is not being reported accurately.
Fair chance of a bad abs sensor.

BMHIBINGER
  • 2003 CHEVROLET SILVERADO

V8 four wheel drive automatic 24,000 miles.

I recently pulled out the steering shaft on this truck and greased it to get rid of a clunking noise when turning. The clunk is gone, but the service air bag light came on. Is it possible that I broke the clock spring in the steering column?

Monday, June 19th, 2017 AT 2:53 PM (Merged)
MHPAUTOS

Hi there,

You should scan the system to see what fault code has been set first. Remember that the SRS system will now be in-op until this fault is rectified.

DIANA2768
  • 2003 CHEVROLET SILVERADO

Hi, I have a 1500 and it gives me a message "service air bag" and the air bag symbol is on and does not go off. I tried disconnecting the yellow wire from the bottom but it does not work. I also tried to move the seats back and forth but it does not work.

DODENDAWN
  • 2003 CHEVROLET SILVERADO

The passenger service air bag light came on in my truck about eight months ago, is there a way to test and reset without going to a dealer or other shop to fix this?

Monday, June 19th, 2017 AT 2:55 PM (Merged)
ASEMASTER6371

No, this system is very complex and you looking at the components can set off an air bag.

You need to have the code pulled, repairs made and then the light will re set itself.