AIRBAG LIGHT

• superbond
  • 2003 Chevrolet Silverado

My brother's truck's airbag light came on and will not go out. I was reading on other sites and they said to try and move the seat and the light will go out. On other sites people have changed sensors, fixed temporally, but it came back on. There are alot of people with the same problem, somebody out there must know the solution. Thanks

Saturday, March 29th, 2008 AT 10:04 AM

• dennyp

First you need to have it scanned for codes. Then post the codes for me so that I can help you.

+1
Saturday, March 29th, 2008 AT 6:34 PM
  • superbond

The code is : B0092. I hope that helps. Thanks

+1
Sunday, March 30th, 2008 AT 9:29 AM
  • dennyp

XTooltipElement Service Information 2003 Chevrolet Chevy K Silverado - 4WD | Sierra, Silverado (VIN C/K) Service Manual | Document ID: 1481402

#02-09-41-002A: Air Bag Lamp On, Passenger Air Bag Indicator Always Reads OFF, DTC B0092 Set (Repair Passenger Presence System (PPS) Sensor Harness) - (Mar 24, 2004)

Subject: Air Bag Lamp On, Passenger Air Bag Indicator Always Reads OFF, DTC B0092 Set (Repair Passenger Presence System (PPS) Sensor Harness)

Models: 2003-2004 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade EXT

2003-2004 Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe

2003-2004 GMC Sierra, Yukon, Yukon XL

with Sensor Indicator Inflatable Restraint Front Passenger/Child Presence Detector (RPO ALO)

This bulletin is being revised to add the 2004 model year. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 02-09-41-002 (Section 09 -- Restraints).

Condition
Some customers may comment that the Air Bag Lamp is on and the Passenger Air Bag indicator always reads OFF. Upon investigation, the technician may find DTC B0092 set.

Cause
The cause of this condition may be a shorted Passenger Presence System (PPS) sensor wire. The PPS sensor harness is located under the front passenger seat. This harness may be pinched between the seat frame and the track/riser.

Correction

Locate the PPS sensor (1) and inspect the harness for proper routing. If the harness is pinched between the seat frame and the track/riser, use the procedure listed below to repair wire(s).

Move the front passenger seat to the full rearward and full tilt up position.
Loosen the seat frame to track/riser nut and remove the harness.
Tighten the seat frame to track/riser nut.
Repair any damaged wires. Refer to Wiring Repairs in the Wiring Systems sub-section of the Service Manual.
Warranty Information
For vehicles repaired under warranty, use:

Labor Operation
Description
Labor Time

N6624
Wiring and/or Connector, Occupant Safety - Repair
Use published labor operation time

GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.

WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION

© 2008 General Motors Corporation. All rights reserved.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/102900_912514_1.jpg

+7
Sunday, March 30th, 2008 AT 10:04 AM
  • superbond

Hi, looked under the passenger seat and all look fine, wires not even close. What else could it be? Thanks for a speedy reply

Monday, March 31st, 2008 AT 11:52 AM
  • 2CarPros Ken
  • Admin

Yes the passenger side seat sensor itself has gone bad and needs replacement, this can be done by removing the seat and turning it over to replace the sensor. Please let us know what you find.

-1
Wednesday, May 4th, 2016 AT 11:58 AM