THE ABS LIGHT IS ON AND TRUCK WILL MAKE ABS ...

2005 Chevrolet Silverado

Anonymous

November, 28, 2012 AT 2:13 AM

The ABS light is on, and truck will make ABS sounds just before stopping with brakes applied. Getting codes C0035, U1064

Can I do some further testing to find the problem? Thanks

saturntech9

November, 28, 2012 AT 3:09 AM

The.C0035 is left front wheel speed sensor do you have a multi meter to do some testing?Also the u1064 is lost communication with the bcm.

j.stieg

November, 28, 2012 AT 4:34 AM

Yes, I have a muti-meter. What setting should I have it on.

saturntech9

November, 28, 2012 AT 4:52 AM

Ohms unplug the left front wheel speed sensor and see what the sensor measures at ohms wise?

j.stieg

November, 28, 2012 AT 2:08 PM

Front left sensor is 960 ohms, and front right sensor is 940 ohms
All done at 25F.

saturntech9

November, 28, 2012 AT 8:33 PM

Thed speed sensor reading is good I posted the trouble tree for you to follow for the code C0035 hopefully its a active code meaning as soon as you clear it it will reset itself?

homer1967

November, 29, 2012 AT 2:40 AM

Check the ignition b 50 amp fuse in the underhood fuse block, if it is blown it will cause a loss of communication. Also I have seen many bad ignition switches cause the issue you are having.

j.stieg

December, 6, 2012 AT 5:36 AM

I used the trouble tree charts, and adjusted the wheel speed sensor. The ABS light was coming on at every stop before, now it has not been on once, also erased the codes. But ABS still engages on a dry road(NO ABS light this time though). Anything I can do?

saturntech9

December, 6, 2012 AT 6:21 PM

I would recheck the wheel speed sensor adjustment since that cleared up the light. Your going to have to get a scan tool that can you watch the wheel speeds to see which one is miss reading and causing the abs to kick on. Sounds like the wheel speed sensor is not reading the correct speed but not setting a code just causing the abs to kick on now.

homer1967

December, 7, 2012 AT 3:44 AM

Yeah, I agree with saturn tech. Thanks for choosing 2carpros

ABS Computer Replacement
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Honda Rear
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement - Front