2001 Chevy Silverado tweety bird

MS LOLEI
  • 2001 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
My truck tweets even when sitting still or driving. Its the same noise a bad fan belt makes only it never goes away.
also a turkey flew into the hood and put a nice sized into the front of the. Is there away to pop it out myself.
Tuesday, June 17th, 2008 AT 4:08 PM

OBXAUTOMEDIC

The tweeting is more than likely 1 of 2 pulley's. There is an Idler Pulley and a Tensioner Pully. To figure out which one it is. With the vehicle off find the 2 pulleys, spray the center bolt on One of them with WD40 or Similar. Start the vehicle if the tweet goes away then replace that pulley. If is didn't go away turn vehicle off and spray the other pully the same way and restart. If tweet is gone then replace that pulley.

Ok the I guess Dent ( ). Depending where exactly the dent is. If it is a good size dent and is on the hood (flat surface) you can probably just take a plunger and pull it out. If it is on the corner or curved area then that is a little harder to do and may require drilling a couple holes to pull the dent out.
Thursday, June 19th, 2008 AT 4:09 PM