2000 CHEVY SILVERADO 4WD NOT WORKING

• 69shooter69
  • 2000 Chevrolet Silverado

Drive Train Axles Bearings problem
2000 Chevy Silverado V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 180000 miles

Im having 4wd problems. The message center service 4wd has been on for months and 4wd is not working at all. I bought a new dash switch and that did not work. I just bought a new 4wd front acuator and installed that. I can hear it trying to engage but the 4WD still will not work. Any tips on getting it working?
Thanks for the help

Monday, August 2nd, 2010 AT 5:39 PM

• Jacobandnickolas

Check under the hood in the relay block. I believe there is a relay for the 4wd. Check that and let me know what you find. If you can hear it trying to work, it must not be getting enough power. Have you checked to make sure it is getting 12 volts?

Thursday, August 5th, 2010 AT 11:07 PM
  • 69shooter69

I tested it and voltage is good. A guy I know says it could be the transfer case gone bad. Hoping its not that.I also saw on the internet to check the fuses under the hood and I checked them but they where all good. Another said to disconnect the battery for 10min and I tried that and no luck eather. Any other ideas?

Tuesday, August 17th, 2010 AT 8:37 PM
  • Jacobandnickolas

Remove the actuator and make sure it is working properly.

Wednesday, August 18th, 2010 AT 1:38 AM