CHEVY 4WD NOT WORKING

2000 Chevrolet Silverado

69shooter69

August, 2, 2010 AT 5:39 PM

Drive Train Axles Bearings problem
2000 Chevy Silverado V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 180000 miles

Im having 4wd problems. The message center service 4wd has been on for months and 4wd is not working at all. I bought a new dash switch and that did not work. I just bought a new 4wd front acuator and installed that. I can hear it trying to engage but the 4WD still will not work. Any tips on getting it working?
Thanks for the help

Jacobandnickolas

August, 5, 2010 AT 11:07 PM

Check under the hood in the relay block. I believe there is a relay for the 4wd. Check that and let me know what you find. If you can hear it trying to work, it must not be getting enough power. Have you checked to make sure it is getting 12 volts?

69shooter69

August, 17, 2010 AT 8:37 PM

I tested it and voltage is good. A guy I know says it could be the transfer case gone bad. Hoping its not that.I also saw on the internet to check the fuses under the hood and I checked them but they where all good. Another said to disconnect the battery for 10min and I tried that and no luck eather. Any other ideas?

Jacobandnickolas

August, 18, 2010 AT 1:38 AM

Remove the actuator and make sure it is working properly.

Drive Shaft Removal - All Cars
Automatic Transmission Service