1994 Chevy Silverado

MOSTERMAN
  • 1994 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
The truck will start and run fine with the service engine soon light on for several minutes. When the light goes off the truck will run rough and will not accelerate and then eventually dies. It will not even try to start unless you hold the throttle wide open but it will not stay running. You can let it sit for several days and then it will repeat the problem. Compression is good, timing is good, spark is good, fuel pressure is good.
Friday, February 26th, 2010 AT 9:38 AM

Hi, check for trouble codes, if you haven't already? You should be able to get some mil codes, by using a jumper wire on the A & B terminals of data link connector. Turn the key till dash lites come on, no further. The mil start flashing, you count the flashes to get the codes. Your looking for two digit codes. Below is a generic GM datalink connector.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/170934_obd_1_datalink_connector_7.jpg

Friday, February 26th, 2010 AT 9:51 AM
MOSTERMAN
I have checked for the codes but there not any stored. Only code 12 comes up which is a normal run condition. The original problem was the truck would turn over but not start. I had spark so I pushed the gas pedal to the floor and it started. It would idle but as soon as I hit the gas it would die. The problem got worse to where it would not start at all unless it sat for a couple of days. Not sure if the ECM could be giving me this problem.
Friday, February 26th, 2010 AT 10:41 AM
If haven't already, use a gage and check fuel pressure. Some of the national brand autostore used to loan out a fuel pressure gage, if you don't have one.
Friday, February 26th, 2010 AT 1:15 PM
MOSTERMAN
I have already checked the fuel pressure and it was good.
Friday, February 26th, 2010 AT 1:30 PM
What was the fuel pressure spec? Maybe a computer issue. Use a scanner, look at live engine data. See if anthing is out of the norm.
Friday, February 26th, 2010 AT 2:28 PM