1993 Chevy Silverado Enginge cuts out

NITRONATE
  • 1993 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
I have had problems in the past where the engine cuts out and truck dies. Sometimes I can start it up again sometimes not. Sometimes I can feel it starting to cut and give it more gas and it helps but most other times not. I have had the fuel pump replaced twice and it has helped both times only to have the problem occur later. Drove around with a technician who had a computer hooked up and everything registered okay (of course it didn't cut out with him inside). Latest repair has been a relay sensor under the hood that helped for a couple of months. Latest problem now is truck will start out in 1st and go right to 3rd or go from 2nd to 4th. Six months ago it quit starting and I haven't been in it since then (but I really need it!)
Monday, January 12th, 2009 AT 1:15 PM

To start, have you had the fuel pressure tested?

Monday, January 12th, 2009 AT 3:12 PM
NITRONATE
No, however, the technician who drove around with me had a computer hooked up and was monitoring all sorts of vitals from the truck. He indicated that all appeared okay - not sure if the pressure would have been tested in this situation.
Monday, January 12th, 2009 AT 4:56 PM
Hi:
If he was scanning it while driving, the fuel pressure wasn't checked. He was monitoring the computer and sensors. I really think checking the fuel pressure is a good idea. If it's good, then we'll move on.

Monday, January 12th, 2009 AT 5:01 PM
SCOTTISH
Im having almost the same problem mine runs for 1-2 min. Stalls and wont fire for about 10 min. I did my fuel pump, fuel pump relay, and grounds please help and I will let you know what I do if it fixes it
Saturday, January 24th, 2009 AT 9:23 PM
JOSERG
Hi,
Same here, but I have a 2005 Chevy Silverado. While driving feels like the engine it's going to die and eventually does. It starts up again but has the same problem, sometimes acceleration helps but sometimes does not work in 3rd gear, I step on the pedal but nothing happens, and If I stop it shuts off. No check engine light is on. Everything checks OK when tested, gas pump, air flow control averything ok. What the hell is it?
Please help out.
Thanks.
Joser.
Tuesday, January 27th, 2009 AT 4:18 PM

Related Engine Stall While Driving Content