AC/Heat blower fan not working.

ROSS_50
  • 2004 CHEVROLET MONTE CARLO

Electrical problem 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 84000 miles

About a year ago my AC/Heat blower fan quit working but it would always work after I hit the dash with my hand on the passenger side. But recently this has not worked at all. I am assuming it is a loose electrical connection somewhere but I have no idea where to start or what to do.

Wednesday, July 7th, 2010 AT 2:13 PM

BENSONRICK

Thought so, perhaps the burnt smell is the resistor will check voltage and see if it's open. This seems to be a normal failure from my reading. Can you please email me the blower motor inop trouble tree? My motor works until I hit a bump then goes out. That would probably make it electrical, right? Thanks again

Monday, July 25th, 2011 AT 10:46 PM
SATURNTECH9

Sounds like a bad blower motor do you have a multi meter to do some testing?

Monday, February 10th, 2014 AT 7:44 PM
ERIK ALDRICH

Could you please post, or can you email me a copy of the troubleshooting tree as well? I seem to be having the same problem with my '04 Monte Carlo SS

Friday, August 26th, 2016 AT 1:42 PM
TRAVIS2014

I have a 2002 ls with the same problem. Heat and ax will not work. Turned the fan nobs on all the way and nothing. Can someone send me the troubleshoot link?

+1
Sunday, December 11th, 2016 AT 1:34 PM
AD2344507@YAHOO.COM

I have the exact same car same year also, and am having the same problem could you email me the blower motor inop trouble tree?

Tuesday, October 17th, 2017 AT 10:24 AM
2CARPROS KEN

Here is the troubleshooting tree and the wiring and fuse panel diagrams so we can test the system. If the fan tests okay there is a blower motor controller under the dash near the blower motor.

Here are a few guides and diagrams (Below) that should help you get the problem fixed.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-use-a-test-light-circuit-tester

and

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-a-car-fuse

and

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-an-electrical-relay-and-wiring-control-circuit

and

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/blower-fan-motor-works-on-high-speed-only

Here are the diagrams (Below)

Let us know what happens and please upload pictures or videos of the problem.

Cheers, Ken

Wednesday, October 18th, 2017 AT 12:15 PM
JL FELONY
  • 2004 CHEVROLET MONTE CARLO

I replaced climate control already. I have heat, but the air conditioner/heat fan wont blow.

Wednesday, October 18th, 2017 AT 12:17 PM (Merged)
JIS001

Verify that you actually have power going to the blower motor. If power and ground are good then replace the blower motor. If no power then check the blower motor control processor (blower relay) and the blower motor fuse which is a 30 amp fuse and blower fuse processor on right hand side of dash which is 25 amps.

MOOKJAY
  • 2003 CHEVROLET MONTE CARLO

My blower motor does not work on any settings. When I first got the car all the controls worked then one day it just stopped altogether. I have checked all the fuses with my test light and they are all good. I switched out the IGN relay with the blower motor relay to test them as well and everything seems in order. I have tested the blower motor with a power supply and it does spin. None of the climate controls are functioning on the climate control either (rear defroster etc). I recently purchased a new blower resistor and that didn t help. I also got a climate control head unit from the junkyard and that did not work either, did the same as my old one. The LED button light on the climate controls a/c button and the button that lets outside air circulate in the car both light up when turned on certain fan speeds but still the blower motor does nothing. I also tested the 5 prong connector that connects into the resistor with my test light and it lit up. The positive cable from the resistor however did not light up when I tested it but this was on a new unit and old unit too. I am at a loss and do not know the next step are, as I can t find a wiring diagram anywhere. I have heard it could be a faulty ignition switch but I don t want to keep replacing things that are already functioning.

Have a mechanic scan for codes the control module may be bad and check the three fuses in pic see if that does anything also check to see if harness is melted together going to resistor as these are the most common things. Also there is a blower relay under hood that can go out causing this it will be marked.

Wednesday, October 18th, 2017 AT 12:18 PM (Merged)
MOOKJAY

I don't see any image attached to your post. I checked the fuses on both sides however as well as under the hood. The connect to the resistor was not melted either. I will google how to test the blower control module as I as not aware to check that

Well being old I sometimes screw up and it looks like I did on this one lol. Here they are. I did not include one for blower relay as that is in under hood fuse box.

MOOKJAY

Thanks for the image. I will double check them again but I am almost positive that they were good fuses. One last questions before I start taking apart my dash again. I have manual controls on my climate control. So I Have a resistor as well as a control module? I was under the impression only automatic climate controls had a control module.

The control module is what turns the heat and air conditioning on in regards to you taking dash apart do yourself a favor and get it scanned because if the module is bad it will need to be programmed by a mechanic for it to work.

DARKKNIGHT_0411
  • 2005 CHEVROLET MONTE CARLO
  • 93 MILES

I have a 2005 Monte Carlo SS Supercharged and the blower fan was working fine then went to fading in and out to not working at all.

DARKKNIGHT_0411

All fuses seem to be fine

MOOKJAY

Ok the OBD scanner read back code P0480 cooling fan relay 1 control circuit malfunction. So not sure what it is since I swapped the IGN relay and blower relay under the hood and car still cranks up and runs fine. All other fuses in side panel checked out ok as well.

SATURNTECH9

Do you have a multimeter to do some testing?

+1

Check under hood for the relay it should be marked on under side of fuse box there can be 2 or three or four for that.

SEANMAC28
  • 2003 CHEVROLET MONTE CARLO

Air Conditioning problem
2003 Chevy Monte Carlo 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 105000 miles

my a/c blower doesnt work. I used to be able to hit the dash with my hand then it would work. Now it doesnt work at all. I just dont know where to start. I am also having a problem with my cruise control not working and the temp and direction reader above the windshield doesnt come on anymore. Please help.