BECOME A MEMBER
It is free to join!
I AGREE TO THE
BECOME A MEMBER
CHEVY POWER STEERING PROBLEMS
2001 Chevrolet Impala
January, 25, 2010 AT 5:44 PM
2001 Chevy Impala 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 156, 00 miles
i have a power steering problem its hard to turn the wheel and inside where the power steering fluid goes it looks all bubbly
FOUND 5150 RELATED QUESTIONS
Power Steering Problem
Power Steering Rack / Power Steering Pump
January, 28, 2010 AT 8:13 PM
The way to fix this i1. Fill the fluid reservoir to the FULL COLD level. Leave the cap off.
2. Raise the front wheel off the ground.
3. Attach the J 43485 (Adapter) to the J 23738 (Mityvac), or equivalent. Place the J 43485 on/in the pump reservoir filler neck (refer to graphic). Apply a vacuum of 20 in Hg MAXIMUM.
Note: If the J 43485 (adapter) is not available, an equivalent can be made using a rubber seal/stopper and brass fitting.
Important: An assistant is needed for the next step.
4. Apply vacuum while turning the steering wheel lock to lock. Maintain 20 in Hg while turning. Using a clear line will allow you to see bubbles evacuating system. Stop when no more bubbles are seen.
5. Wait five minutes. Typically vacuum drop is 2-3 in Hg. Verify the fluid level. If the fluid level is low, fill to the full line.
6. Reinstall the cap. Start and idle the engine.
7. Turn the engine off. Verify the fluid level. If the fluid level drops, add fluid. Repeat Steps 4 and 5 until the fluid level stabilizes.
8. Start and idle the engine. Turn the steering wheel 180 - 180 in both directions five times. DO NOT TURN TO LOCK.
9. Switch the ignition off. Verify the fluid level.
10. Install the cap. The bleed procedure is complete.
S as follows.
to post a reply.
Replaced Leaking Power Steering Line Now No ...
Replaced leaking power steering line now no power steering filled up reservoir had a little better steering fired up next morning and
Power Steering Lines And Power Steering Coolant ...
I would like a diagram or instructions on how to replace the power steering pressure and return lines and also for the power steering o
Why Wont My Power Steering Pump Fit Into My ...
I tried lubing it up with power steering fluid ive also tried shiming in it it wont thread in all the way and it seems the line wont
Power Steering Pump Replacement Chevy Tahoe
Ask a Car Question. It's Free!
Remove Your Power Steering Pulley Like a Pro
Power Steering Pump Pulley Removal
Need To Replace Your Power Steering Pump? Here Is How
Steering Intermediate Shafts Replacement
Need To Remove Your Steering Wheel? Do It Like The Pros
Steering Wheel Shakes? Fix It Like The Pros
© 1999 - 2015 2CarPros, Inc.