CHEVY FUEL

2005 Chevrolet Corvette

stmt

September, 24, 2010 AT 1:14 PM

2005 Chevy Corvette V8 Two Wheel Drive Manual 50000 miles

what causes air to get in fuel line after I fill the car with gas

Wrenchtech

September, 24, 2010 AT 2:08 PM

There is no way for that to happen unless it's pumping air from inside the tank. The pump is submerged and the system is self bleeding. The only time you pump air is if there is no fuel to pump and that will burn out the pump real quick.

stmt

September, 24, 2010 AT 3:35 PM

I have changed fuel pump and relay car will sometimes run for 10 to 15 min then fuel pressure will drop off and die. Then it may start and may not if u wait about a hour it will start and run about 15 min then die again.

Wrenchtech

September, 24, 2010 AT 3:38 PM

It's not an air problem. You just need to find out what's happening to your fuel pressure, whether it be electrical or a restriction in the system somewhere. It could be many things but you need to use a fuel pressure gauge and determine if the pump is receiving constant voltage and ground.

stmt

September, 24, 2010 AT 3:49 PM

It does get air in it if u crank on it for awhile after it dies.

Wrenchtech

September, 24, 2010 AT 4:26 PM

It can't do that. The pump is submerged. There is no place to get air unless there is a problem inside your tank with a reservoir pumping dry.

stmt

September, 24, 2010 AT 4:44 PM

This car has two gas tanks a left and right left tank pumps to engine right tank pumps to left is it possible the air could b coming from the right tank the pump I changed was in the left tank

Wrenchtech

September, 24, 2010 AT 4:50 PM

That could be what is happening them.

The function of the venturi pump is to fill the fuel sender assembly reservoir. If that reservoir goes dry, it will pump air. That will ruin the fuel pump real quick. It sounds like you may be having an issue with the venturi pump.

stmt

October, 10, 2010 AT 4:40 PM

How do I check the venturi pump

Wrenchtech

October, 10, 2010 AT 4:44 PM

Your probably going to have to drop the tank and physically look inside.

stmt

October, 10, 2010 AT 4:46 PM

I have fuel tanks off now

Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Filter Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Fuel Filters Replacement 2015 RAM 2500 6.7L
Fuel Filter Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Fuel Filter Replacment BMW 525i
Fuel Filter Mount Replacement Chevrolet
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006