FUEL WILL NOT COME OUT OF THE INJECTORS

1982 Chevrolet Corvette

jr. feliciano

Fuel will not come out of the injectors to ignite engine, problem not consistent sometime does sometime not. New parts, fuel pump, relay, filter, coolant sensor, oil pressure switch. After start runs good.

Sometimes if I disconnect the coolant sensor and turn key to on position you can here the fuel coming out and start but rough I plug sensor back and keep running. If I jump the oil pressure switch also start. If I add starting fluid to tbi start good and stay running.

hmac300

Replace the coolant sensor and scan for codes. Check fue l pressure. Check yoru fuel pressure relay.

jr. feliciano

Replaced coolant sensor twice, the fuel pump relay and the fuel pressure relay are the same thing? Because I replaced the relay in the battery compartment behind the computer. The code is #43

hmac300

No they aren't the same the code 43 is the esc signal is bad so you'll either have to check it out or have it done. That is why your pump isn't feeding the injectors. Her eis a way to test it but you may need a scan tool to test it and not the cheap ones at an auto parts store.

jr. feliciano

What is the esc and location

hmac300

Have apro look at this.

jr. feliciano

February, 8, 2012 AT 10:48 PM

I replaced the esc and the problem cont.

hmac300

February, 8, 2012 AT 11:19 PM

A pro really needs to look at this as you may have shorted wire. You need a scan tool to check this out correctly.

Oil Change & Filter Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Toyota
Engine Oil Change and Filter Jeep Wrangler
Air Filter Replacement Toyota Tacoma