• danielsarnik
  • 1992 Chevrolet Corsica

1992 Chevy Corsica 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 126000 miles

My 1992 Corsica is in good shape except for a couple of issues. One I know what is wrong and I can fix it no problem. But there is another issue and I have no clue what is wrong with it; hence me asking you. So my car is stalling out when I idle after it has been driving for awhile. It will start fine, run fine then as soon as I have to stop, and I try to accelerate again it will stall. Also sometimes while im in the process of stopping it will shudder, not gently either, pretty violently. Ive tried a new air filter and new fuel filter, but no dice. Next im going to try fuel injector cleaner and see if that works, but I just thought id ask and see if you had any other advice.

Thursday, November 5th, 2009 AT 1:16 PM

• bigjim79

It is the overdrive solenoid in the trasmission. It is going bad and can cause you to wreck. Yo temporarily fix this is a little trick that will work for a little bit but you will lose overdrive. There is a square plug on the side of the trans facing the front of the car. Unplug this and tie up. It will solve your stalling problem for now.

I hope this helps. Please vote and comment. Remember donations help us keep this goiong.

Tuesday, December 1st, 2009 AT 12:44 AM