1995 Chevy Caprice Head lights

CAPRICEVA
  • 1995 CHEVROLET CAPRICE
My lowbeams will not work (itermittent). The bulbs are good
Monday, August 10th, 2009 AT 11:43 AM

RACEFAN966
Have you check the dimmer switch or the headlight switch? Let me know what you have checked and if you comfortable doing some tests with digital multi meter if needed.
+3
Monday, August 10th, 2009 AT 11:58 AM
CAPRICEVA
I have checked the dimmer and the switch seems to be fine. Once I click the dimmer off sometimes the low beams come one but are faint. And with the HI back on the light is still low
+1
Monday, August 10th, 2009 AT 12:05 PM
RACEFAN966
Ok so have you checked any of the relay's to the headlights? Does this have DRL?
+3
Monday, August 10th, 2009 AT 4:02 PM
CAPRICEVA
I dont have DRL and I have lights only when i turn the highbeams on. I do have parking lights in the P and Headlight position

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/394589_headlight_switch_2.jpg

+1
Wednesday, August 12th, 2009 AT 3:21 PM
RACEFAN966
Ok so what I need you to do is check the switch to see if it is working. You will need a digital multi meter for this test and some others. There is a yellow wire that comes out of the headlight switch make sure it has battery voltage when you turn the headlight switch on. If this is good then you need to check the headlight dimmer switch this is what switches for high to low beam. Now there is a tan wire that comes out of that and goes to the headlights so you can unplug a headlight and check the tan wire there and switch from low to high and back and check what the voltage is in the low beam possition. If there voltage isn't there at times but is alway's at the yellow wire then the headlight dimmer switch is the problem. Let me know how it goes.
+1
Thursday, August 13th, 2009 AT 10:47 AM
CAPRICEVA
At the socket green lowbean tan high beams. No power to the green lowbeam no power to the highbeam tan. With high beams on power to green lowbean side and no power to the highbeam tan. You also no have to play with the switch in order to get the high beams to turn off. Not a simple pull click and off, you have to pull it a couple of times to get it to click off.
+1
Friday, August 14th, 2009 AT 11:56 AM
RACEFAN966
Ok looking at the wiring diagram if you don't have drl or sentenial lights then I would say it is the dimmer switch as the high and low beam on off are controlled by that. Now the dimmer is not that hard to replace. Here is a pic of what you would be buying should be 8 to 15 dollars so it isn't very expensive either.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/249564_50505_1.jpg

+1
Saturday, August 15th, 2009 AT 8:34 AM
BRYAN91
I've changed this part twice already and still getting the same thing
-2
Monday, November 2nd, 2015 AT 9:14 AM