1992 Chevy Camaro car wont turn over help?

MARVELBOI28
  • 1992 CHEVROLET CAMARO
Hello yes got in car the other day went to start it but nothing just a noise like clic clic clic rrrrrr engine didn't rotate then nothing dead power dash light and all went out try to start it again same thing so got new battery and it's doing same thing, so I would think it may be the starter? Thanks guys Joel
Monday, March 2nd, 2009 AT 12:19 PM

TEAG
Your battery is close to dead if not there yet. Try jumping it or putting it on a charger. Also check and clean the battery posts. A bad connection could restrict the flow of current. If none of that works. Replace th battery.
Tuesday, March 3rd, 2009 AT 11:18 AM
MARVELBOI28
I did do all of that, and it still does the same thing with new battary just click click click like before so?
Wednesday, March 4th, 2009 AT 6:10 PM
TEAG
Ok. Try following the battery cables and make sure theyre all clean and have good connections. If they all look good and are tight. You might want to have your starter checked. If you take out your starter you can check it yourself by hooking it up to the battery and see if it engages. Dont hold the power from the battery on the starter too long or youll burn it out. If the starter is good. It should spin and pop out a little. Also check all your fuses and make sure none are blown. That clicking noise is usually a sign of insufficient power supply though. So really check the battery cables. Both ends. Then either get the starter checked or check it yourself. I believe some auto parts stores do free starter tests. Let me know what happens and we'll go from there.
Saturday, March 7th, 2009 AT 3:42 PM
MGCAMARORS
It sounds like bad alteernator or check fuse box for ecm fuse hit me back if worked
Tuesday, March 31st, 2009 AT 12:26 AM