1995 Chevy Blazer Fuel Pump

JOKER3342
  • 1995 CHEVROLET BLAZER
Hello I hope you can help. I replaced the fuel pump. It ran for three day. Although after it was replaced it ran rough. When I would push the peddle to the ground it would decrease in speed and it would make a pop sound through the airfilter. Then just yesterday it stalled. I found out that the #6 spark plug was not hooked up. Now its hooked up and it still bogs when I push the peddle way down and wont stay started for very long and its hard to get started back up. It does have a code for the o2 sencor and there is a kink in the medal part of the return gas line for fuel pump housing that goes in the gas tank. I hope you can tell me what I should do next becouse im not sure. Thank You
Monday, February 15th, 2010 AT 11:50 PM

If there is a kink in the return line, the fuel pressure regulator may not be able to releave enough fuel pressure from the system to the tank. As a result, you may be getting too much fuel to the cylenders. As far as the O2 sensor, it should be replaced. It too could cause a rough idle problem.

Now the cylender that wasn't running. Did you remove the plug? There is a good chance it is no good if you were driving it with it that way. You may want to replace them all if it has been a long time since the last tune up.

Let me know if you need instructions for anything I mentioned.

Wednesday, February 17th, 2010 AT 10:10 AM
JOKER3342
Ok I changed the 02 and still same problem. Still have the kink in the return line of the fuel sending unit. I talked to a friend he sent me to someone and said that its not starting when its hot. He also said it could be electrical but did not have the right tools to test it. So it does have a remote starter on it so I removed it. And I let the blazer sit in the drive for a half hour running never stalled out. Then I sat in it and put it reverse and game it some gas it seemed fine. Then put it in drive and the dome light would flash on and off and sometimes stay on. I was able to start three or for times but the samething everytime with the dome light then blazer stalling.
Do you have any clue? Could it be still the kink in the sending unit? Or something else to do with the electrical system? Please let me know really need help !
Thank You
+1
Saturday, February 20th, 2010 AT 11:20 PM