Catalytic converter replacement

TOYPACIFIC
  • 2005 FORD RANGER
Hey guys, I got a question here and seem a little bit confused in regard to the catalytic converter. I'm looking online to purchase a catalytic converter front to be exact for this model. But I'm getting two different selections front left and front right. But by looking underneath the truck both catalytic converters are connected to the same pipe. Also, the photos on rock auto show the same exact pictures for both left and right. I'm confused because I don't want to purchase the wrong part. I do shop on rock auto because I don't have much money to throw at a high-quality part. Anyhow I attached some photos here of online just to see what I'm seeing. My trouble code shows bank 1 below threshold so I believe that would be the one below cylinder 1 side. Anyways if you can fill me in that'll be great unless front and left is the same thing, lol.
Wednesday, January 5th, 2022 AT 11:14 PM

ROY B
Good morning,

I attached the one you need from Rock auto below. It has separate converters for each side as in your old converter.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/catalytic-converter-replacement

Release the pipes from the manifolds and then release the pipe from the header pipe.
Remove any hangers before removing the unit. Unplug the O2 sensors as well.

+1
Thursday, January 6th, 2022 AT 5:32 AM
TOYPACIFIC
Thank you kindly for this information. I greatly appreciate it.
Thursday, January 6th, 2022 AT 3:06 PM
ROY B
You are welcome.

Always glad to help.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

+1
Thursday, January 6th, 2022 AT 3:42 PM

Sponsored links