Car will not start at all

TYLERE1996
  • 1995 BUICK LESABRE
One morning my car wouldn't start so I looked into getting a new starter and find out that my battery was bad. I replaced both and my car still won't start. She is my first car and I don't want to give up on her. Please help.
Saturday, November 21st, 2020 AT 2:58 PM

DANNY L
Hello, I'm Danny.

So say you replaced the battery and the starter. Is the engine spinning over and cranking but just not starting? I would suggest to first perform a fuel pressure test. If you don't have access to a fuel pressure tester most auto parts stores have a tool loaner program and can rent you one. Here is a tutorial showing what is involved:

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-fuel-system-pressure-and-regulator

After performing this test get back to us with the results and we'll go from there. The proper fuel pressure for your vehicle should be 41- 47 psi with key on. Hope this helps and thanks for using 2CarPros.
Saturday, November 21st, 2020 AT 5:19 PM

Sponsored links