Car will not start it ran perfectly yesterday

GOTTAKEEPMOVIN'
  • 2008 CHEVROLET COBALT
Parked car in garage last night with no issues. Car will not start this morning. Remote control will not work on locks, no interior lights whatsoever. Key is now stuck in ignition. Have not had a chance to tear into the trunk and measure the battery voltage yet, but it never gave an indication it was weak, so am doubting the battery somehow suddenly drained that quickly. The issue, therefore, is not one where I turn the wheel and the key frees up, that is not happening.
Just figured it out. Battery was down to three volts. As I tried to jump it, I noticed I had turned the light switch on (due to rainy weather) yesterday and assumed they would shut off automatically once the car was shut off, but obviously never went back to the garage the rest of the night! Charging battery now, key is free and as soon as she starts I will be on my way again! Thanks a million!
Tuesday, July 11th, 2017 AT 4:09 AM

HEYMAN1104
Umm you are welcome? Just an FYI, usually when a battery gets that weak over night, it is a light or something that was left on. Sometimes there is an electrical short that is drawing on the battery. Anyway, you got it fixed yourself. Nice work.
Tuesday, July 11th, 2017 AT 5:40 AM
GOTTAKEEPMOVIN'
Yes indeed! As I thought about this more, I realized that I had an ABS code stored a couple weeks ago. It cleared itself (I think I got water in a sensor) after it dried out. Since then, my beeper does not work when I hit the lock button on my door (usually it dings twice to indicate it will lock after the door is shut). It still locks but the dinger is not dinging. So after remembering this I realized when the headlight switch is left on and the key is removed from the ignition, it should have beeped at me in fast mode to indicate my headlights were left on. This function is no longer working, thus my leaving the lights on last night, draining my battery. So, I am still in need of someone to help me figure out why my dinger quit dinging. Any ideas? Your help is greatly-appreciated, in advance!
Tuesday, July 11th, 2017 AT 2:35 PM
HEYMAN1104
I would think a blown fuse for the chime could cause that, but I do not see a fuse for that chime on ProDemand or ALLData. I would suggest checking the fuses. By chance have you noticed anything else that is not working? Also, some cars have an on-board computer that will allow you to change certain settings (like the chime sound). If your car has one, it is possible that you just turned it off by mistake. There might be some more useful information on that in your owner's manual.

Hopefully those ideas help. Let us know what you find.
Tuesday, July 11th, 2017 AT 6:29 PM