2006 Chevy Cobalt 2006 Cobalt Won't Start

KAINLAN
  • 2006 CHEVROLET COBALT
Hi,
I ran my car through some high water and it stalled, I let it dry for about a day and went to try and start it and it just clicks once and doesn't even attempt to turn over. All the electrical stuff works, lights, radio, etc, and the check engine light is on. How would I go about diagnosing the problem?
Sunday, July 12th, 2009 AT 2:34 AM

BRIAN 1
When you drove throught the water it got sucked up throught the air box and into the intake, when this happens the engine becomes hyda-locked, which means water enters the combustion chamber and floods the engine, and in most cases bends a connecting rod on one of the pistons.(Because water cant be compressed) so it bends the rod causing it to not start, I would check the oil for any signs of water and I would try to rotate the engine at the crankshaft to see if it rotates smooth or locks up and that will tell you. Post back with any other questions.
Sunday, July 12th, 2009 AT 12:23 PM
KAINLAN
How would I do this?
Sunday, July 12th, 2009 AT 12:46 PM
BRIAN 1
Usually a socket and rachet on the end of the crankshaft bolt, then try and rotate the engine and see if it turns smoothly or is locked up, and check the oil level, see if its over full and has water in it.
Sunday, July 12th, 2009 AT 12:50 PM
KAINLAN
I checked the oil level and it's pretty hard to tell what it's at the oil isn't sticking to the dipstick very well. I also checked my air filter and it was wet.
Sunday, July 12th, 2009 AT 1:54 PM
KAINLAN
Hi,
I got the car scanned to see why the check engine light was on. It's giving code p0103 which is P0103 Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor Circuit High Frequency ECM, PCM, can anyone decipher this for me?

Sunday, July 12th, 2009 AT 7:12 PM
BRIAN 1
Start the engine and observe the MAF Sensor parameter for a proper range of 4,950-5,025 Hz.
If the MAF Sensor parameter is not within the specified range, replace the ECM.

If the MAF Sensor parameter is within the specified range, replace the MAF sensor. Follow this info.
Monday, July 13th, 2009 AT 5:50 PM
KAINLAN
Thanks for continually replying to my brian I just have a quick question, would this sensor prevent the car from starting? Also I noticed when I attempt the start the car the security light is on, could that have anything to do with it? I also cleared the code so the check engine light would turn off, but it's still on and there's no codes being shown.

Monday, July 13th, 2009 AT 6:02 PM
BRIAN 1
Well, no the MAF sensor wouldnt prevent it from starting it would give an idle surge or unstable idle. The security light is a different problem, actually you have 2 different problems here.I know you ran throught water with this vehicle, which could definitly affect the MAF sensor.
Monday, July 13th, 2009 AT 6:08 PM