1996 Buick Skylark 1996 Buick Skylark no start

CSXEDDIE
  • 1996 BUICK SKYLARK
I tought it was the timing chain had jumped a tooth.
i removed the timing cover and the chain looks fine, the marks match up. The car want start without nearly flooring the gas, it never revs up, it just spits and spudders and then cut off. I checked voltage from all 6 banks and was getting a good spark, replace the plugs, still want crank. And run right. Im thinking crank position sensor but the 3100v6 has 2. And I dont know whicih 1, and as a side not she has been driving around for 3 years with no gauges. Could that be the problem or or could it be the pcm that is messing everything up?
Wednesday, February 4th, 2009 AT 12:20 AM

CSXEDDIE
The engine is spinning, it just running like it is running out of time, has no power and will not stay running.
Wednesday, February 4th, 2009 AT 1:24 PM
JACK42
So does the engine sound different when cranking? Like it isnt smooth. IS the check engine light on? If so need to scan for codes, this may help find out what is wrong
Friday, February 6th, 2009 AT 7:32 AM
CSXEDDIE
The engine cranks normal, engine sounds fine cranking, it has good fire to all plugs, and good fuel pressure.
Sunday, February 8th, 2009 AT 9:40 PM
JACK42
A scan of the PCM will most ikely tell which sensor is bad, cam or crank sensor.
Monday, February 9th, 2009 AT 7:30 AM
CSXEDDIE
I scanned the computer and fianally got a code, p0300, random cylinder misfire.
Monday, February 9th, 2009 AT 3:24 PM
JACK42
Need to verify injector pulse. Use a noid light or a test light. One side of every injector plug has power. The PCM uses ground to trigger it, so find the power side and then switch the test light clamp onto the +battery post, have someone crank the engine and the opposite side of the injector plug should light the light in flashes. IF not it is missing injector pulse
Monday, February 9th, 2009 AT 3:31 PM
CSXEDDIE
I checked the injectors, all 6 of them are pulsing the test light as the engine spins.
Monday, February 9th, 2009 AT 5:12 PM
JACK42
Time for a compression test. If it has injector pulse, spark and fuel pressure all that is missing would be compression to make it run
Monday, February 9th, 2009 AT 5:16 PM
CSXEDDIE
I was fooling around with it today, tried to crank it, and noticed it wasnt firing. Then all of a sudden it started back firing, but still misfiring on mulitple cylinders, for the life of me I cant figure this out. Im wondering if its not the crank position sensor, but I really dont have no idea.
Thursday, February 12th, 2009 AT 6:03 PM