Welcome to 2CarPros.
Here are the directions for replacing the alternator. The attached pictures correlate with the directions. It is a straight forward job. However, make sure the battery is disconnected prior to beginning.
First, here is a link that shows in general how it is done:
If you are not 100% sure the alternator is bad, here is a simple test:
Here are a couple additional links you may find helpful if you plan to test the alternator.
REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
1. Make sure you have the anti-theft codes for the radio, and the navigation system, then write down the frequencies for the radio's preset buttons.
2. Disconnect the negative cable from the battery first, then disconnect the positive cable.
3. Remove the drive belt.
4. Remove the auto-tensioner.
5. Disconnect the alternator connector (A) and BLK wire (B) from the alternator.
6. Remove the three bolts securing the alternator.
7. Install the alternator and drive belt in the reverse order of removal.
8. Connect the positive cable and negative cable to the battery.
9. Enter the anti-theft codes for the radio and the navigation system, then enter the customer's radio station preset.
10. Set the clock.
11. Perform the power window control unit reset procedure.
Let me know if this helps or if you have other questions.
Images (Click to enlarge)
Monday, August 24th, 2020 AT 2:27 PM