BECOME A MEMBER
It is free to join!
I AGREE TO THE
BECOME A MEMBER
I ALSO HAVE A 2006 HONDA ACCORD EX 2
2006 Honda Accord
October, 19, 2012 AT 5:09 PM
HI, I also have a 2006 Honda Accord EX 2.4 L and need to know how to remove and replace ( R&R ) its ALTERNATOR. Could YOU please Email
the detales. Thanks -- edwill
FOUND 925 RELATED QUESTIONS
Belt Removal & Installation
October, 20, 2012 AT 3:07 PM
DRIVE BELT REPLACEMENT
Special Tools Required
Belt tension release tool Snap-on YA9317 or equivalent, commercially available
1. Move the auto-tensioner (A) with the belt tension release tool to relieve tension from the drive belt (B), and remove the drive belt.
2. Install the new belt in the reverse order of removal.
DRIVE BELT AUTO-TENSIONER REPLACEMENT
1. Remove the drive belt (see Drive Belt Replacement ).
2. Remove the power steering (P/S) pump without disconnecting the P/S hoses.
3. Remove the auto-tensioner.
4. Install the auto-tensioner in the reverse order of removal.
ALTERNATOR REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
1. Make sure you have the anti-theft codes for the audio unit (and navigation code if equipped), then write down the audio presets.
2. Disconnect the negative cable from the battery first, then disconnect the positive cable.
3. Remove the drive belt.
4. Remove the auto-tensioner.
5. Disconnect the alternator connector (A) and BLK wire (B) from the alternator.
6. Remove the three bolts securing the alternator.
1. Install the three bolts securing the alternator.
2. Connect the alternator connector (A) and BLK wire (B) to the alternator.
3. Install the auto-tensioner.
4. Install the drive belt.
5. Connect the positive cable to the battery first, and then connect the negative
6. Enter the anit-theft codes for the audio unit (and navigation code if equipped), then enter the audio presets.
7. Set the clock.
October, 21, 2012 AT 3:18 PM
Thank You for all the help.
October, 21, 2012 AT 3:53 PM
to post a reply.
Alternator Removal And Installation
2000 mazda mpv 6 cyl front wheel drive automatic how to remove alternator after its released
Remove The Generator Without Removing The Engine...
I want to remove the generator without removing the engine please specify how the generator is attached below the rest of the top bol
Alternator Removal And Replacement
Electrical problem 2001 ford escape 4 cyl front wheel drive automatic 144k miles i have the removed the serpentine belt and electr
Alternator Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Ask a Car Question. It's Free!
Alternator Replacement Ford Super Duty
Battery Light On? Replace Your Alternator Fast
Need to Test Your Alternator? Do it Like a Pro
Alternator testing done right
Need To Learn Use A Voltmeter? Here Is How
Need To Replace Your Serpentine Belt? Do It Like A Pro
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet
© 1999 - 2015 2CarPros, Inc.