DRIVE BELT REPLACEMENT
Special Tools Required
Belt tension release tool Snap-on YA9317 or equivalent, commercially available
1. Move the auto-tensioner (A) with the belt tension release tool to relieve tension from the drive belt (B), and remove the drive belt.
2. Install the new belt in the reverse order of removal.
DRIVE BELT AUTO-TENSIONER REPLACEMENT
1. Remove the drive belt (see Drive Belt Replacement ).
2. Remove the power steering (P/S) pump without disconnecting the P/S hoses.
3. Remove the auto-tensioner.
4. Install the auto-tensioner in the reverse order of removal.
ALTERNATOR REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
1. Make sure you have the anti-theft codes for the audio unit (and navigation code if equipped), then write down the audio presets.
2. Disconnect the negative cable from the battery first, then disconnect the positive cable.
3. Remove the drive belt.
4. Remove the auto-tensioner.
5. Disconnect the alternator connector (A) and BLK wire (B) from the alternator.
6. Remove the three bolts securing the alternator.
1. Install the three bolts securing the alternator.
2. Connect the alternator connector (A) and BLK wire (B) to the alternator.
3. Install the auto-tensioner.
4. Install the drive belt.
5. Connect the positive cable to the battery first, and then connect the negative
6. Enter the anit-theft codes for the audio unit (and navigation code if equipped), then enter the audio presets.
7. Set the clock.
Saturday, October 20th, 2012 AT 3:07 PM